anticlickkkkk

Hi everyone

… I open the VCA directly with the clock, with a sharp gate, so I have a very sharply chopped sound … how can I remove a click from the resulting sound?

… which module would be best for this?

Thanx

Amplitude envelope with a slow attack triggered from the same gate?

… thanx … so should i use another VCA right?

… and no, … if it clicks on the first VCA, then I can’t fix it with the second … … I tried to use Vult Spank instead of the first VCA and it works well, but if the sine is used, it is already very blunt, but probably the sine wave is difficult to cut sharply … either it will click or it will be too blunt

This is one way to do it though I’m sure someone here will have a more concise solution using one module, but take the output of your current VCA into the IN of a VCA-2, pipe the OUT of that VCA-2 into a filter e.g. VCF and send the LPF to the mixer (or whatever the next step is in your audio chain) and the FREQ to an envelope generator e.g. in Bogaudio AD send to the ENV output and send a lead from the same clock that’s affecting your current gate into the TRIG input of AD.

Use the attack of the AD module to take the click transient off the front of the incoming signal.

Edit: If this doesn’t do the trick then maybe screenshot the relevant parts of your patch so we can get a clearer idea of the issue you are having.

1 Like

Pop a slew limiter between the clock and the VCA to slow the attack time of the VCA down.

4 Likes

Hi … interesting … through the slew limiter it works too, but the resulting signal is quieter than through the ADSR if it goes through Boolean (and / xor) … the quality of the click removal is the same I think …

Thank you … but it was a complicated way for me to achieve it, in the end it was even easier … :slight_smile:

lag unit is for sure the normal way to do it. We got an octal lag unit with built in VCA’s - you could do 8 of these in one little module.

slade

1 Like

… hmmmm … even through the Slade module, the resulting signal is quieter similar through the BGD Slew … but it works well and it’s a very practical! Thanx

If you are still comparing a lagged clock to the output of an ADSR driven from that clock, don’t do that. what if your clock goes from 0 to 1 volt, but your adsr goes from 0 to 10 volts?

Look on a scope to see what’s going out. Slade does not change the steady state level going through it.

… there is actually a 5V difference

oh, right you are! I see now.

When there is nothing plugged into the (In) input I think it puts some constant voltage in (maybe 10), then afterwards everything is affected by the level control. So if you crank up the last blue knob you will get (I think) 10V out of it.

I don’t remember why it’s like this, but I think it’s a compromise to make it work well as an audio chopper / mixer.

… up to 20V was needed

turn up the level knob! I don’t remember the exact formula, but it’s like output = gate voltage * level * something else? you are absolutely right, but if you want to get more out of there please turn up the knob.

… yes, that knob works if I use the Mix output, but then it is in the maximum position still at 5V …

Yes, sorry, I didn’t read all that carefully. You now know everything about slade. If it doesn’t meet your needs, I understand.

… I’ll use it, it’s perfect! … of course I don’t have to have everything at full value, at least I can still work on audio output with effects … :slight_smile:

Thank you for notifying me of this module!

thanks for teaching me what it does! seems like there should at least be an option to get full level from the direct outs, yes?

… that would be useful :slight_smile: :blue_heart: