Announcing: Allieway Audio Series I

Hey @mosphaere - this is an awesome idea - it shouldn’t be hard to add this as an optional right-click setting, I will get to work on it right away! thanks so much for your suggestion, I hope you’re having fun with Bumper :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Was a lot quicker than I thought it would be - the update is already done, and should be on the library version shortly! :slight_smile: It’s been added as a right-click menu option (underneath “Bump Polarity”), allowing you to choose between the original behavior (default) and the bump sizes being scaled based on boundaries.

Thanks so much again for the suggestion, it’s a really nice option to have and it has the added bonus of not changing the “sequence patterns” bumper generates when you modify the upper and lower bounds, instead they end up just being stretched or squashed/flipped around appropriately, handy!

(BTW, remember that you can configure any of my modules how you’d like via the right-click menu and then save that configuration as a preset or template - that way you wont have to mess around with the right-click menu after you have it set up how you’d like it :wink: )

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks a lot! Getting a lot of polyrythm melodies and chord changes from Bumper. It’s a really useful module. Thanks for your quick update!

2 Likes

That’s great. But I think there is a bug, where the patch itself won’t save all parameters. I just reopened my session from earlier this day and the “Bump Size Increments” - Parameter in the right click menu was reset to exponential. This is repeatable.

1 Like

I think this has been fixed with the new update as well, but will check when i get back in front of my computer to verify :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just wanted to check the patch-file, but then I remembered, that it’s an archive now - and I already tried to get this Z-whatever-unarchiver-codec (?) into my 7Zip and failed…

Ah, I did some more digging and there was another sneaky bug there! It should be fixed in the newest version I’ve sent to be published on the library - I’ve also updated that version with the version number 2.0.6 so you can see if you have it yet or not. It may take a bit since I think library updates are processed manually right now. Thanks for your keen eye - if you have discord, please join the server linked in the github,I’d really appreciate having you on board as a beta tester :smiley:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Just FYI, the library version should be up to date now ^_^

2 Likes

Official video overview / manual on KOAN is now online, check it out and lemme know what you think :smiley:

Additional video tutorials on Bumper and Cartoon Running are on the way - as are modules 4, 5, and 5.5 in this series - please stay tuned :slight_smile:

Thanks so much to everyone who’s purchased, please let me know if you have any questions!

10 Likes

Thanks so much :muscle:

1 Like

koan is absolutely sick. thats all i have to say.

5 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing <3 I worked really hard on its processing to make it as sick as possible, so reading this made me smile :slight_smile:

Stay tuned for some more sick plugins on the horizon, as part of the same bundle (sorry for the delay, those who’ve been waiting patiently for more - university stuff took over) :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Koan is such a delight! Can’t wait to see what you come up with next.

2 Likes

Thank you so much <3

There are a couple completely new modules nearing completion (also working on some variants) - here’s a sneak peak of the new one that’s closest, it’s name is Zigzag and it’s a clock/frequency manipulator!

It’s output is triggering VCV drums, and believe it or not, all the different “sequences” you hear were generated just from it being fed a couple of simple clock divisions with me twiddling knobs :wink:

11 Likes

I forgot that I’m grandfathered into more of your incredible modules. Super excited. Thanks for making fun stuff.

Just listened to the sneak peak. Sounds like I’m going to be trying some epic breakdown drum solos. Can’t wait.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, so excited for this! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Currently I am playing around with Cartoon as a “wobbler” on a filter cutoff ADSR (basically extending the first sketch from the manual). It came to my mind that this would be very nice to play polyphonically … any chance to get polyphony in an future update of the Allieway Audio Series?

(p.s.: yeah I know, I can approximate this very example with the regular VCF in high resonance :wink:

1 Like

Heya, super happy to hear you’re playing with Cartoon Running, it appears to be the most “feared” of my modules so far, so I’m always excited to see what people do with it! Signal woggling was definitely the initial intended use case, but as you note the VCF patch would just be an approximation - CR is much more complex internally, with a pretty wild feedback control system hidden inside which causes it to often lie just on the edge of chaos - in fact, the only actual “filter” inside of CR is used internally for the damping control, so the fact that it often ends up behaving like a resonant filter is really due to the fact that the two systems have similar phase space behaviors.

As for the polyphony, many people have requested this for my modules - all my modules were designed with the intent to create them as physical modules in the future, so polyphony / vcv-specific features weren’t a priority in my creating them. However, I also recognize this is something many people would like, so I’m exploring adding this functionality to some/all of my modules in the future (though likely as two versions of each module, to avoid unwanted behaviors in traditional monophonic patches which sometimes pop up) - stay tuned :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hello Allieway, thanks so much for the detailed answer. Polyphonic versions of these modules would be amazing … and hardware pendants even more so!

I absolutely love Cartoon (and all the others in the series). Actually the “signal wobbler” example I mentioned is one of the more conservative use cases I have. Usually I go pretty wild most of the time to an extend where I even don’t exactly know what’s going on - and that’s how I love to work :slight_smile: I own a few IFM Eurorack modules and the “one parameter influences the others” type of is part of the philosophy :smiley:

1 Like