alef's bits released to library

no sir, when I hover over SLIPS root control, it displays “C”.

when I send it CV and make it audibly go to A# and hover over the root control it says “C”

thanks for the suggestion and kind words :slight_smile:

i’m currently starting to toy around with a full rewrite of one of my modules from the NullPath plugin, but i’ll certainly make a note to take a look at Slips to try to work out updating param display values based on cv inputs. :+1:

the screen capture is when I right click on any module, it gives that same info, always plugin, version, author, etc… It’s a VCV thing.

but that’s not at all what cubist is talking about. they are referring to the tooltips that pop up when hovering over a control/param/input/output on the module’s panel.

Oops, you are 1000% correct.

Thank you very much, will try them out. Happy New Year

@alefnull Hi, sorry seems bug in Nos module: connect to pitch input cause stable crash vcv. Can anyone confirm please ?

No problems here :

Win10 Rack252

1 Like

Damn, that really strange :thinking: Ok will dig into it (Win10 vcv 252 too)

1 Like

I can confirm no problems here - and I played around with all the menu variables;

2 Likes

@Yeager @ScreenSlave Ok guys, i figured out - please try with standard LFO from VCV (simple LFO or WT LFO)

2 Likes

Yep that bombs it out.

1 Like

Indeed CTD. @alefnull

1 Like

thanks for the heads up, all. i haven’t been actively developing for months, but as it happens, a few days ago i started toying around with a new module i started before stepping away. so i’m at least paying more attention here again.

oddly enough, i came across a different bug in Nos yesterday (polyphony is broken past 4 channels), so i’ll start looking into this as well. can’t promise or even really say when a fix will be found or released, because i’ve got a lot going on, but just wanted to at least post so y’all know i see it and i’ll be looking into fixing it.

and thanks @octex912 for pointing out the specifics to recreate the crash :slight_smile:

3 Likes

quick initial glance update: looks like the VCV LFO itself isn’t the problem, necessarily, as it works fine if the “offset” toggle is off (making the LFO +/-5V bipolar instead of 0-10V uni), so i’ll need to dig more into what i’m doing with that frequency input when Nos first gets a hold of it.

1 Like

Negative values crash?

no, it’s when the LFO is unipolar that the crash occurs. bipolar +/-5V works just fine.

3 Likes

had a little bit of time earlier to at least do some poking around in Nos to try to figure out the CTD and potentially the polyphony issue i noticed.

still haven’t pinpointed what exactly is causing it, but what i’ve discovered so far is that the crash seems consistently reproduceable by gradually increasing the “pitch” input value to 7.5V. at just below 7.5 (starting around 7.0 iirc) the audio output gets kinda funky on a scope (i was too afraid to test this with any actual audio output from speakers) and immediately crashes once the input hits 7.5, seemingly almost on the dot.

will keep digging when i have time and post updates as i figure it out.

(EDIT: had one last idea to check out today and it turns out lowering the frequency parameter all the way down allows a full 10 volt signal input with no crash. so clearly, i’m doing math wrong in there somewhere.)

2 Likes