AHR Envelope?

Why do something the simple way if you can do it also a complicated way?!

https://dhemery.github.io/DHE-Modules/guides/generating-multi-stage-envelopes/

https://dhemery.github.io/DHE-Modules/#envelope-generators

1 Like

Oh, here’s a little drawing for stupid people like me that explains how to build an AHR. Thank you! Soon I’ll try it.

3 Likes

Building the envelope with DHE modules seemed like the perfect solution but, following the instructions I don’t get the same result shown in the instructions themselves. An ADSR works best.

sorry but I don’t understand the complexity you are searching: I have 2 AHR, SUPER simple

attaching images from both:

the 208 is a COPY one to ONE of the same module into the music easel: measured against it
the DAHD is just an USG in disguise (with many added features)

1 Like

After some experimenting and some private clarification from @synthi I have officially solved. Thank you all.

1 Like

I know you have a solution right now, but just in case you want to build a multistage-envelope with DHE in the future. It looks like you are stuck on the attack stage because you are retriggering too fast or your attack stages duration is too long. In addition you need only a trigger for the first stage of DHE if you don’t use a Sustain-Hostage in your Envelope and it looks like you are using a gate.

I used a 16 step sequencer from Count Modula, it has both gate and trig, I definitely used the trig, I chose this sequencer for this reason. If I activate two neighboring gates, the second is muted, while if I activate two neighboring trigs both hits are heard and I needed exactly this to emulate the Volca.

Maybe tomorrow post a picture of the full screen and see where the error is, surely I’m interested in understanding it.

These days I strongly encourage Sequencizer over my earlier one-module-per-stage modules. In some configurations of the earlier modules (e.g. a gate signal feeding both Hostage and an upstream module), the delays caused by the wires can result in puzzling behavior that depends on the order that the modules are processed.

Sequencizer doesn’t suffer from that.

3 Likes

You were right about speed. I tried to slow down and the oscilloscope matches that of the guide! :slightly_smiling_face:

I whish there were a proper “Sequencizer for Dummies” tutorial video with singing cartoon characters. :crazy_face: