AFTERVOLTER

Hello ! fantastic ! can you share the latest patch "VOLTERGARDE " ?

thx

HI! Thanks so much for your comments!

LOUDNESS WARNING: I will share the patch but reason why i didn’t first was because theres a big white noise burst when you open the patch and i dont know why. Now i have saved it with mixer main on MUTE. when you open, manually trigger rampage channel A and B and let the white noise settle, after that it is ok and you can play with the controls. It is messy patching haha but hope you can find something useful. Thanks for your interest!

voltergard1.vcv (19.6 KB)

2 Likes

thanks for sharing ! those patches are always a good starting point, especially for resampling :slight_smile: and granular synth

1 Like

drone static noise from troubled REM cycles

patched and performed by Irving Paul Pereira on vcv rack

patch: paradise gauze.vcv (47.3 KB)

1 Like

Phantastic soundscape!

Cheers!

Thanks so much!

10th and final movement for AFTERVOLTER series 1 of vcv rack explorations

full series here on YT and some older performances on hardware

patch: Elter-volter.vcv (18.4 KB)

ALBUM RELEASE

AFTERVOLTER - 13

https://irvingpaulpereira.bandcamp.com/album/13

time oscillations and complex ecologies of frequency and signals emerge from deeply cybernetic societies. ravers in constant out of body experiences try to make sense of spirits born from neon lightmospherics in subterranean discos. diverse futures reach out to the flux of current defragmentations, life forces depleting on screens but also escalating subtle energy fields

we are all aftervolters in some sense and our bodies are no longer localised

programming notes:

all sound sources, modulations and output developed from vcv rack 1.1.6 using free modules (https://vcvrack.com)

10 videos featuring vcv rack interface here: https://www.youtube.com/c/PEREIRAIRVINGPAUL

some patches available here: https://community.vcvrack.com/t/aftervolter/13723/3

follow my work on instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/aftervolter/

special thanks to @Omri_Cohen https://www.instagram.com/omricohencomposer/ for youtube tutorials that started me off on this journey

3 Likes

I’m happy I could be a part of your musical journey :slight_smile: Going to listen to this later today!

1 Like

Although you call them ‘explorations’, it’s cool to see everything bundled up for delivery as an album. Gives the music some extra oomph. Nice work especially with the extra time put into visuals. Thanks for sharing the patches!

thank you so much! enjoy!

thankful for your thoughts about this! I’m a big believer in documentation as I believe it gives one a chance to review how far one has come (imho). looking forward to putting together and sharing the next series of works and patches. again, many thanks!

VOLTERGARDE: ONSET

PATCH: voltergard-onset.vcv (78.3 KB)

VOLTERGARDE is a series of experimental sound design in vcv rack

main brains of this patch are two hairpick comb filters from frozen wasteland and MAZE sequencer from stoermelder driven by clock 1. Rampage handles modulation / vcas, Music Thing : Turing Machine plays bass driven by a second clock that also moves MAZE.

Spent some days putting together a fixed system in #VCVRACK to work with. This is the first release. Best with headphones or monitors for the details.

microsignatures.vcv (172.7 KB)

GEODESICS energy and A.I Macro oscillator 2 fed by VCV random and Audible Instruments utilities triggered by Stoermelder HIVE that also triggeres snare and claps

Rampage / Black octasource on modulations. by MAZE

Erica Blackwave VCO and VULT Basal are accompanying voices.

Various ADSR and parameters modulated by Bifaco Rampage, TriLFO and Black Octasource

Effects by Portland Weather / Hair pick (Frozen Wasteland) Chronoblob2 delay and Valley

closer look at the fixed system:

sunday morning experimentals quad-quantussy cells / switch / ringmod osc / semi-random routing / live re-patching VCV rack / OBS patch: AFTERVOLTER-COMPLAXTOR.vcv (33.5 KB)

1 Like

been a good 2 years 9 months since I last posted here.

still working with vcv and before i start posting new work with a new 'fixed system thought i share an album made from a prior system

all details here

studies for VCV rack fixed system vol 1

stsrem template download here:

system-1-july-2023-649fcb15e2a82.vcv (6.3 KB)

Thanks for listening if you do!

2 Likes

Really awesome tracks! Love it

Hi all, returning to the forum with a first video single off a new album built in vcv rack + ableton due SEPT 2024

patch download here: cytoxcis system | Patchstorage

1 Like

Fusia and microstates by Irving Paul Pereira (AFTERVOLTER)

Considered a micro mixtape, 7 mins long , with each micro-segment or track lasting seconds.

Patch notes:

Strictly using three modules to produce interesting variations in sound design and structure (not including mixer, audio interface and recorder)

Modules:

surge xt - Quad LFO LOG instruments - crystal BOG audio - PEQ6

The quad LFO is my go to as an LFO source for random smooth Cvs, s+h and other changing shapes (self patched and from PEQ outputs) .

This is the main modulator patched into both the oscillator and the Frequency CV input of the PEQ6 (with varied freq and freq cv attenuation) . PEQ outputs are then haphazardly patched back into both the oscillator and the quad LFO in a kind of feedback loop.

The oscillator is highly unstable and i’ve used the freeze button at several points to give the composition a ‘break’ and let it run in a loop or single tone before re-entering noisy, glitchy ‘episodes’ I’ve also muted/unmuted the three outputs of the oscillator mixer channels to vary the sound and timbres (with two channels panned opposite each other)

There was no structure planned for the composition.

Download the Vcv patch here: [fusia + microstates | Patchstorage…]

2 Likes

NEW RELEASE created in VCV (AFTERVOLTER - CYTOXCIS

One hour of cerebral/club adjacent sound therapy for post-future bodies and states in hyper-crises #bandcampfriday @bandcamp

patchnotes for the system here cytoxcis system | Patchstorage

Thanks for listening/supporting if you do !

1 Like