Ableton and VCV midi routing

I have created a midi channel with VCV running a turing machine and have a second channel that is suppose to receive the information from the other. My turing is set so that it sends it through ableton in 3 different channels but the receiving one is not seeing or receiving it. It just doesn’t show up both in Ableton or in VCV. Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 2.23.35 PM Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 2.25.24 PM

It’s an unfortunate limitation of Ableton. It can only revive midi from one channel when you’re using a vst in that way. If you run vcv in standalone you can send the different midi channels using the IAC bus on Mac or a similar virtual Midi port on windows.

2 Likes

thanks!

arranging stuff in your patches should work, in Reaper it works

5 Likes

wow! I didn’t know teleport could be use across different patches within a single song! What a game changer. thank you!

4 Likes

Although teleport can work like that, I personally found running multiple instances of VCV Rack to be a bit of a lottery. Maybe it’s down to what modules you use, I never undertook a major audit, but just things tended to crash a lot more if I used more than one instance (on Windows 10 and 11 FWIW).

2 Likes

no crashes but it seems the sync is a bit so so by moments

1 Like

Does anyone know if this has been fixed in Ableton 12?