· ablaut · ambient soundscape recordings & patches

fifth and last in a series of small, one-voice patches in vcv rack

2 Likes

Nice one Ben

1 Like

i made my own version of a ripples self-oscillation patch, based on @PaulPiko’s video (posted in his own thread)

ripples (audible instruments liquid filter) is set to self-oscillate, which is fed into clouds (audible instruments texture synthesizer). a second output of ripples goes into the repelzen rewin quantizer to give clouds pitch information. a chaotic lfo changes rewin’s scenes, set to various chords in d major. i’ve added some delay and reverb.

5 Likes

I really like your works.

1 Like

a different take on yesterday’s ripples into clouds patch, resulting in a beautiful tuba-like drone. there is a very slight variation in the pitch coming from the sprott-linz f chaotic lfo.

total minimalism

4 Likes

a new track of mine was released as part of the latest ambient online compilation. it’s made with vcv rack, hosting u-he diva, driven by audible instruments random sampler (a.k.a. marbles).

do click thru to the rest of the album, which has loads more ambient from the community at ambient online forums.

the album is downloadable as pay what you want. if you pay on may 1st, 100% of that will go towards keeping the servers running. it’s one of three upcoming days on which bandcamp waives their cut, to support artists.

3 Likes

new short track for the naviar haiku challenge

i used topograph for rhythm generation and proteus for pitch generation, fed that into vcv host with kontakt. the instrument may sound familiar, as i used it in the drone day collab. i applied lots of reverb thru valhalla supermassive, and added a field recording courtesy of klankbeeld on freesound.

hope you enjoy it in its simplicity

5 Likes

Well, that was relaxing! Very nicely done.

1 Like

back on the naviar haiku challenge:

another one-voice patch with proteus, this time with dark energy as the oscillator, chronoblob2 for delay, and 100% wet reverb from plateau.

7 Likes

another one for the naviar haiku challenge:

early morning,
one star remaining,
it’s a good day too.

made in vcv rack with proteus and instruō neóni, and plenty of spacious reverb from plateau

9 Likes

Wow so so pretty, must focus on one voice more, that is wonderful music.

1 Like

desolate street at dawn
last night’s turmoil
whispers in the wind

track for naviar haiku challenge 493
made in vcv rack with marbles (random sampler), rings (resonator), and plateau

haiku by marco sebastiano alessi https://www.naviarrecords.com/
picture by k8 K8 (@_k8_) | Unsplash Photo Community

6 Likes

on the canal bank
vivid yellow irises –
silent sentinels

track for naviar haiku challenge 494
haiku by john hinks Stream FlownBlue music | Listen to songs, albums, playlists for free on SoundCloud
picture by outi marjaana A close up of a yellow flower with a blurry background photo – Free Helsinki Image on Unsplash
field recording by janrou Freesound - janrou

made in vcv rack with topograph driving permutation, which sends pitch information to dark energy, modulated by my chaotic lfo modules languor and slf. surge xt delay and plateau add space. i imported a recording of this into reaper, where i added a bit of eq, airwindows wider, multiband compression, and a bit of tape saturation.

nh494.vcv (4.9 KB)

5 Likes

bird polyphony
– treble, alto, tenor, bass,
spring meadow concert

track for naviar haiku challenge 495
made in vcv rack with my summer '23 fixed rack

fixed rack 001.vcv (16.9 KB)

haiku by raymond cobley Stream ray_cobley music | Listen to songs, albums, playlists for free on SoundCloud
picture by evgeniy konev EVGENIY KONEV (@ekonev) | Unsplash Photo Community
field recording by klankbeeld Freesound - klankbeeld

8 Likes

Beautiful. I love the use of space here, it makes me feel peaceful and contemplative.

I might have to try one of these haiku challenges myself!

1 Like

Lovely track! That’s a nice fixed rack as well, I should really build one like that and force myself to use it and see what comes out, I can see it being quite productive.

1 Like

mountain’s red leaves
return the setting sun
to the sky

track for naviar haiku challenge 496

nh496.vcv (17.3 KB)

haiku by kobayashi issa Kobayashi Issa | Poetry Foundation
picture by simone dalmeri Low-angle view of maple leafed tree photo – Free Forest Image on Unsplash
field recording by kvgarlic Freesound - Winds and Leaves MIX From October 23rd 2019 Smaller File Size.WAV by kvgarlic

5 Likes

the gate shuts
with a loud groan
the temple sleeps

track for naviar haiku challenge 497

nh497.vcv (16.8 KB)

haiku by hosai ozaki Hosai Ozaki - Poems by the Famous Poet - All Poetry
picture by julia karl https://unsplash.com/@juliakar

4 Likes

long days and warm nights
laughter carried through the breeze