A new rabbit hole (AI art & music)

Yeah, really generic stuff, seems the only people in music who need to watch their backs are people who make library music.

Now this looks cool, wonder what it might produce for 3D fractal prompts

I have no idea what I’m doing on Discord and with Midjourney but it is amazing.

6 Likes

Third one is an instant album cover…love it !

2 Likes

Those are amazing images! I had never played with Midjourney before. Fascinating! I did find the experience of using a Discord server while thousands of other people’s stuff are zooming by to be unnerving and stressful. I guess that’s why I will end up paying the monthly fee if I want to use it without going squirrelly.

@FiroLFO

Amazing! If you don’t mind, what prompt did you use for the third one? The medium (watercolor?) looks great. :slight_smile:

Something like “group of wardroids waiting for battle in a postapocalyptic urban environment, flower on the ground, shadow, high contrast” but I don’t really remember.

If/when you subscribe, you will be able to get the exact prompt from the MidJourney website:

Slightly annoyed that for whatever reason Midjourney now only seems to let you set one of two aspect ratios with the ar parameter. Last week you could use —ar 1920:1080, but now it seems only 3:2 and 2:3.

I like them adding new features, but gets a bit galling keeping up with ones they’ve crippled.

They switched on v4 as default and it has only the two ar options you mentioned. Use --v 3 to get them back. v4 is still alpha apparently and is a bit blurry and not as high resolution (I think…) but I much prefer it.

1 Like

ah nice tip re setting versions, cheers

I’m still having fun with ChatGPT.

If you just look at the rhythm, it’s some kind of weird groove. It’s not 4\4 at all. Looks like an unreleased Y.Bhekhirst song

1 Like

It is bog standard 4/4 according to the text description, it just can’t format the XoX sequence properly.

1 Like

Hm, what was Judgement Day’s date again? :mushroom:+ :cloud:

Following in Bret’s footsteps I asked ChatGPT for a cool sequence. The result is below.

I think it’s time to create a VCV module that directly communicates with ChatGPT. :thinking:

" Sure! Here is a 16-step kick-snare-hi-hat rhythm that you can use in your sequencer:

1. Kick
  2. Kick
  3. Snare
  4. Kick
  5. Kick
  6. Snare
  7. Kick
  8. Kick
  9. Snare
  10. Kick
  11. Snare
  12. Hi-hat
  13. Kick
  14. Snare
  15. Hi-hat
  16. Kick

This rhythm is a variation of a common breakbeat pattern known as the “Amen break.” It features a driving kick drum on beats 1 and 3, a snare drum on beats 3 and 4, and a hi-hat on the off-beats. You can adjust the velocity (loudness) and timing of each drum hit to create different variations of this rhythm. You can also add other drum sounds or samples to create a more complex beat. Have fun! "

4 Likes

My MidJourney sub expired some time before Xmas, after all the holiday shenanigans were over I suddenly realised there was an AI shaped void beginning to occupy my thoughts more and more…

Needless to say, I re-subscribed…

Here is a little idea I am fiddling around with, trying to massage it in the direction I want:

3 Likes

Homage to the finite group pariahs