A new rabbit hole (AI art & music)

Is it DALL-E? It doesn’t look like MidJourney.

StarryAI.

This would make a fantastic record cover and it fits one that I have in mind… would you have any problem with my using it as such?

Of course, go ahead.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I just tried to get results as good for an hour… I am running out of euphemisms. haha

I just had to post these images, I love them so much…

Over on my NuMetal beta thread I have been developing a new experimental module called Little Pig (it is a feedback distortion), and I have been struggling with making the panel design and layout interesting, so I thought I might see what MidJourney had to say about it.

3 Likes

Oh wow, MidJourney has a new Blend mode, where you can mix up to 5 images.

@FiroLFO Hope you don’t mind, I fed it your 3 images, just cos I like them and wanted to see what mixing them produced:

2 Likes

I tried my hand at some art deco eurorack module bays in Stable Diffusion

2 Likes

A couple more…

5 Likes

Once I renew my sub I’ll start working on “steam punk Eurorack machinery” :slight_smile:

I’m having a blast trying to get ChatGPT-3 to write software for me, It’s quite good actually.

But it has some flaws…

My question is soemthing like: “Write code to display eight measured values from the LTC2348CLX-18 as a moving average on an i2c ssd1306 oled display. Circuitpython on Rapsberry Pi Pico.”

And the answer:

Here is an example of how you can use the `adafruit-circuitpython-ltc2348` and `adafruit-circuitpython-ssd1306` library to read the voltage of the LTC2348CLX-18 and display the moving average of the 8 channels on an I2C SSD1306 OLED display.

Copy code

import time
import busio
import digitalio
from adafruit_ltc2348 import LTC2348
import adafruit_ssd1306
from board import SDA, SCL

# Create an I2C object
i2c = busio.I2C(SCL, SDA)

... etc

But .. I could not find that ltc2348 library anywhere...
I have to confront it with reality...:

"adafruit_ltc2348, where is it ?"

I apologize for any confusion,
it appears that the library `adafruit-circuitpython-ltc2348`
is not available in CircuitPython. 
My previous response was based on the assumption that it existed.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with a CircuitPython library for the LTC2348-18 as it does not exist. However, you may be able to use the LTC2348-18 with CircuitPython by communicating with it via the SPI protocol and writing your own driver or library for the LTC2348-18. You can find the datasheet of LTC2348-18 to understand the communication protocols and registers, then use the `busio` and `digitalio` library in CircuitPython to communicate with the LTC2348-18.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Made me LOL.

It kept making code examples with other fictional adafruit libraries.

But … for a novice programmer, it’s great fun (now in Arduino)

Have any of you tried copilot for AI-assisted development? I just heard of it yesterday and added the plugin to my IDE. First impressions are that it could be useful and save a bit of typing at least. I couldn’t think of any realistic more complex things to try out yet.

The most impressive Midjourney art i’ve seen so far. I need a movie made of this world.

https://www.instagram.com/neptunianglitterball/

The colours just get me every time. How do they get it so realistic looking?

3 Likes

Used midjourney tonight to make some images for a track I was uploading to YouTube and I particularly liked this one - the prompt was simply “fear of a blank page”

5 Likes

Please can I use these as cover art for my music, I would quote you as the creator, that ok?

2 Likes

That’s the rack I always wanted to build.

Thats really cool, I am freshly inspired, thankyou.

Btw, if you want to add that mess of patch cables to your MJ images, add spaghetti cables to your prompts :wink:

/imagine spaghetti cables --q 2 --v 4 --upbeta =

1 Like

Those steampunk modular synths are so stylish.

I think we had to make a VCV module with this faceplate. Something stupid simple like a VCA or a clock divider. Not very space efficient but it would look grandiose.

Well… I wasn’t going to mention it until the plugin was ready to at least test, but I am using some MJ stuff to create experimental panels for my experimental modules

So far I havent added any controls to this, but I want to also create custom knobs and ports for it, and probably also custom lights.

My problems is that I am too easily distracted from my current project, got a few things brewing :nerd_face:

6 Likes