A Delay effect that sounds NUTS

All free modules.

Hook up the inputs on the Delay Plus to an effects send, and the outputs to the appropriate return channel. Connect the AS BPM Delay clock input to a 1/4 note clock. Hook the IN port of the Bernoulli gate to a clock source - I use a 1/6th note clock.

The feedback path on the AS Delay goes through an XFX F35 filter, then a Squinky Compressor set to be a limiter. The F35 filter type is randomly modulated, which is freaky sounding. There’s also a NYSTHI 4DCB DC blocker in the feedback path because crazy things can happen.

delay+Filter.vcvs (12.2 KB)

7 Likes

That XFX is such a great filter. It’s been around for years but has a few modes there are still unique, like the FM/RM. Also, the phase mode makes an excellent phaser effect. If you whack the resonance up to 90+% it gets just on the edge of self oscillation, and modulating it with sample and hold creates tinkling tones like a wind chime or something. It’s almost identical to the VCV Pro phaser ‘ping me’ preset except it’s free. Modulating the filter type is utterly mental!

4 Likes

Did you mean 1/16th clock to the bernouli gate or 1/6th? I connected this to my last patch and it’s really wild. Thanks for posting!