7177's VCV stuff

It really does, yes. At least that’s been my experience. I really need to get on Bandcamp or something.

1 Like

Yah I got trouble replicating the sound quality on YT. I The source for both versions is the exact same audio recording and the difference is crass. I don’t know how to game youtube’s built in compression, and I’m not sure if I would want to spend extra time to make yt remasters. /:

Each platform has it’s own recommended loudness levels before compression. I use YouLean to see my LUFS levels. It’s good to take it into account; it doesn’t remove the problem altogether, but can help minimise it. For example, there is a summary table of various levels in this blog post

3 Likes

I set the LUFS level for the first time in one of my recent pieces that I mixed in Reaper. It made a little difference. Without Reaper, I kind of do it unscientifically by keeping a VU meter just before sending to the Audio module and eyeballing it. I don’t know if VCV has a VU meter with a setable offset.

2 Likes

Yeah, you’re most likely right. I’m aware of LUV metering, I’m not sure how far it goes to fix yt (:

Women on the vignette is Valentina Tereshkova. I took the pic years ago surreptisously in Cosmonavtlar Subway Station in Taskkent. (;

2 Likes

Just a quick jam! (; Cheers!

2 Likes

It’s very cool!

1 Like

Thank you mate! (:

7 Likes

very nice track ! The intro is really amazing

1 Like

Thank you @Olival_Clanaro!

1 Like

Nice track, I noticed that you have the Ratchet…just kidding :smiley: