Zoom thumbnails in Module Browser

In this list of view order: alphabetic / random / most used / last used / recently updated

Can we get one more: empty

As in ‘no module graphics loaded’, only when we actually touch anything on the left side panel.

I am starting using VCV rack and I can’t get ok with the browser windows. Unless I zoom windows overall apps size to 150%, and this is not an acceptable option for my PC set up. Both in 125% and 100% it is very very small. I understand it is not a problem for people that already know very well all the plugins and know what they want, but for a newbie this is a mood breaker as choosing the module is part of the creation process. Also tried in my laptop and same happens, even worse as the screen it is much smaller

Thank you, hopefully it can be fixed

1 Like

i think the MB module of the PackTau from @stoermelder is what you are looking for - it lets you set a zoom factor for the module browser and much more - its not part of the vcvrack library as it uses non stable api functions, so you’ll have to install it by hand - i think he has nightly builds of it for download.

update: oh - i missed the link - https://github.com/stoermelder/vcvrack-packtau

best wishes - hexdump

2 Likes

Yup, the MB module is a Godsend. Try it out @brunothesecond, you’ll be happy!

Heck yes, the zoom in MB is so helpful, thank you @stoermelder

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/vcvrack/status/1340290013926465538

9 Likes

That’s pretty cool.

Great improvements! My biggest wish would be to get favorites back, but otherwise great!

2 Likes

Late to the party … thanks @stoermelder! Loving MB

2 Likes

Thank you, Ben! The resized Browser works brilliantly for me! What a gift!

1 Like

It looks like the “MB” module is no longer present in vcvrack-packtau. Is there another way to enable zoom in the module browser?

1 Like

Thanks! Too bad about the lack of font scaling though. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

BTW when you install pack tau, there will be an extra menu item on top called Extras, and you will never have to insert the MB module in any patch to get the same result :

afbeelding

3 Likes