XTRTN 1.3

XTRTN 1.3 - Jellyfish Eon is here:

• Fancy new screws in random colours.
  • Mesoglea controller/polyphonic-s&h module (manual).
  • Mesohyl controller module (manual).
  • Heraldry blank module (yeah this has a manual too - I don’t know why).
  • Improved guides that actually explain what modules do.
  • Started giving the versions stupid names.

Basically, the story behind everything here is that I was annoyed at having to link my controllers and mutes up to s&h modules by hand (especially when doing something big and polyphonic). Mesohyl has knob controls with built-in Sample and Hold options. Mesoglea does something similar with gates; but also A LOT MORE: each gate may be automatically flipped or even converted into a muted/unmuted audio-signal. Mesoglea is a bit complicated, so check the guides linked above.

The blank brand-module is just there so I can look cool and desirable online. “Woah! XTRTN clogged up my library with another useless blank module! They must be important!”

Full XTRTN collection on the VCV Library here.

16 Likes

I love the look of these

1 Like

XTRTN 1.3.2 adds a new module, Mesoglea2.
Very easy to use flippable gates/mutes with fancy S&H synchronisation. No polyphony needed, just link the outputs directly to where they’re needed.
This module is not a direct replacement for the original Mesoglea, but it is much easier to use and should probably be used instead in 90% of cases. Mesoglea+Mesohyl were supposed to be like twin-modules, and I think that comes across a lot better with Mesoglea II.

Mesoglea II Guide

5 Likes

Somebody, please show me how it works. Just a simple .VCV …

Never posted a .vcv before so hope this works: MesogleaDemo.vcv (8.3 KB)
Mesoglea2 has 5 buttons. The top three will turn the drums on or off (to demonstrate the muting). The bottom two will enable the multipliers on Mononeura (to demonstrate the gate-outputs). It will only update on every 4th beat (as it is connected to the /4 output on the JW Clock).

3 Likes

This is probably the wrong place to ask, but could you please tell me the concept that is used to create the sequences in Hallucigenia? I just want to know out of curiosity to be able to explain it to my friends beyond saying it’s “random”. It’s clearly more than strictly random to me… Am I right? :wink: I just recorded something with two of these. I will put it on youtube soon. Thanks for making these modules!

2 Likes

I… ermmm… I still cannot think of any way to respond to this without disappointing you, so let’s just say it’s the worm thinking for itself! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Alternatively you can say that a spiritually strong digital bug with extended “chi” was coded into Hallucigenia to transcendently change the sequences.

2 Likes

Well whatever it is, I just call it beautiful… :slight_smile:

3 Likes