XFX WAVE: Multichannels for the 3 Mods?

Hi. I was experimenting again with XFX WAVE v1.0.1 and hit a curious issue. I send 4 notes via MERGE to XFX WAVE since it’s polyphonic. But I thought I could use MOD1’s LP filter separately for each channel. I used a second MERGE module where channels 1, 3, 4 were controlled by one voltage (TRIGGER MK1) and channel 2 with a second voltage. I got this idea from watching a video on VULT modules.

However, it seems MOD1 will only use the signal from channel 1 and use it on all 4 outputs - that is, there are no individual MODs for each output.

Is this by design or a bug? I went to Blamsoft’s web page but they don’t have a github issues page.

Thanks, Chris.

Hi Chris, the only channels that can be controlled by polyphony are the FM input and the v/oct. The MOD inputs are global across all channels it is just how the engine and the display, showing the wave, works.

However F-35 is capable of modulating all channels independently with polyphony. Not sure that @Blamsoft is active here, you could try the email address for a feature request:
info@blamsoft.com

4 Likes

Thanks Phil. I’m just trying to understand how WAVE functions and your explanation agrees with what I see. Good tip regarding F-35 :+1: Regards.

came here to ask the same thing, trying to use velocity to modulate position via a poly cable (velocity), which would be very nice if every voice could get its own position modulation, hordes and loads of different timbres, in an update maybe? or too much cpu?

That would be great but I’m not sure it’s being maintained. The Surge wavetable VCO can do this as an alternative, or the Morphing Terrarium. Not quite the same though, which is a shame because the Blamsoft one has some great sounding wavetables.

It is modular and it’s free, so use as many XFX WAVEs undtil your CPU runs out :wink:

But yeh, that would be nice.

3 Likes

same here, tried the surge one and it didn’t sound quite right to me.