Wrong People Tourette: How does it work?

Tourette is a fascinating module, I get the concept but not quite the interface. I experimented a bit but still not sure how the threshold settings trigger the response. Has anybody figured that thing out yet? (:

2 Likes

Not here for an answer, just to tell you that I love the title of this post :+1:

EDIT : Aaaaah… too bad… the original title did not survive :frowning_face:

3 Likes

You’re right, sounds like I’m a jerk asking how to fake a mental illness. lol.

EDIT: They took it away from us!! (:

3 Likes

Just installed it and played a bit… Niiice … Looks like the input is sampled, but nor all of it … you can play with threshold and Min/Max Trig Repeats the sample that came … Tourette just does some nice fu** random shi$ with the sample :smiley: :smiley: I tested it with a simple drum input and used other triggers than those of the drum …

You do modular synth stuff … nothing sane with that :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

This thread is a goldmine of my kind of weird humor. Thank you for being freaks with me, freaks.

Also I had no idea what this module was and was overlooking the hell out of it but now that you got me to play with it I can confidently say that I have no idea what the fuck is going on inside that thing and I love it now. I’m putting it in every patch from now on, it’s gonna be as ubiquitous as Plateau or Clocked or Audio-8 because I thrive in chaos and prefer let my instruments play me instead.

tl;dr thank you for showing me that this little anarchist box of eldritch chaos exists I would have probably never tried it otherwise

3 Likes

Glad you like it, it’s wild isn’t it. (: Still drives me mad I can’t figure out how predict it’s behaviour. Sometimes it does stuff, sometimes it refuses to in almost exactly the same situation. lol

Let’s revive this thread with an Omri tut :

1 Like

Cheers!

2 Likes

Yap, the tutorial answers almost all questions, except if I’m able to make music with it. Omri does obviously, but I’m not sure about me. (;

1 Like