What's the font used on the fundamental panels?

Hello!

I’m working on my first module and intend to keep my panel designs nice and boring. :slight_smile: Would anyone know what font was used for the knob labels & CV inputs on the VCV fundamental modules? For example, see the Delay module.

Is it OK if my modules look similar to the fundamental modules? I’m assuming so, since I’m using the default knobs and such that appear to be built in to VCV Rack. My font selection for module names and company name would be different.

what-is-this-font

Cheers, Bret

See: Plugin Licensing - VCV Rack Manual

and see Module Panel Guide - VCV Rack Manual

Do not use other people’s intellectual property (IP) without their permission. See the VCV Plugin Ethics Guidelines.

Surely the answer has to be, at least broadly, that modules can look like fundamental, ie can have the same colour and use the same font. There are some modules in the library that are very obviously based on the fundamental modules but use different colours etc.

If not allowed it would be interesting to hear what the criteria is to define the style.

2 Likes

The typeface is a closely guarded trade secret.

5 Likes

Ok, sounds good! Maybe I’ll spend some time customizing my panel designs after all.

Do not use other people’s intellectual property (IP) without their permission.

I saw that too. I was just wondering if VCV Rack endorsed using their designs as a “default”, per-se. Sounds like the answer is … not! No worries at all.

It’s Gotham Rounded by the way, but we just want to encourage original designs like in the Eurorack format, rather than similar styles like in the Moog and Buchla format.

4 Likes

I think ist´s MODULUS BOLD Font… :grimacing:

The panels went through a redesign at one point since my original question. Maybe they switched fonts?

Seems like you are right. Gotham R. is it for shure! I looked at the NOTICE INPUT Field. But there it is more like SHARE-TECH…

Thank you for your right suggestion.

Cheers :wink:

I use google Robato for everything. So does Mind Meld, afaik.

oh just me? gang of one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t understand.