What midi Controller/Keyboard are you using?

Since a few months, I’ve been playing with a Behringer BCR2000 from a friend. Works great.

(the model I got behaves like a real analog device!! Every single knob keeps sending small value variations and these fluctuations seem to change in intensity according to temperature and humidity. It’s the perfect controller for modular synths…I’ve been explained that to achieve this result, you need to spill a beer on the controller and then leave it in a garage for ten years)

4 Likes

:smiley: I have one of those, too… some knobs got that real “vintage feel” :smiley:

But what I use are two Launchcontrol XL together with either a microkey or Beatstep Pro

Hi, I use APC40 mkII. Theres a lot of encoders and works fine, but not total recall. APC is usefull also with Live (of course) but I use it with Reaper thanks the soft DrivenByMoss4Reaper, great ! And a 37 keys from Korg.

Which works better in VCV Rack launch control xl or akai apc40 mk2. If so why? What are limits or frustrations you encounter?

I just got myself an Alesis Qmini.

About the length of a qwerty keyboard, but a bit narrower. Powered by USB. It feels a bit more substantial than I expected, so it doesn’t feel like a toy. I do like having 32 keys instead of just 24 as in other similarly-priced models, even if they’re not full sized keys. Just the perfect size to fit on my lap desk in front of my MacBook. Certainly more convenient than my old Yamaha Portasound PSR-400.

Today I figured out how to re-purpose the buttons (Mod, Sustain) and Volume knob by using VCV’s MIDI CC►CV module. Yay!

i’ve never used a keyboard or midi controller with vcv rack. i like making self-playing generative patches.

2 Likes