What are you listening to?

yes ,a similitude,with less precision

2 Likes

Retro-futurist cinematic synth-fest from Supersilent keyboardist and composer Ståle Storløkken.

1 Like
3 Likes

Reimaginings.

4 Likes

… on Bandcamp

2 Likes

So the clickbait title suckered me in to this, but I really liked this version and appreciated seeing it under normal lighting rather than in some dingy club

2 Likes

oh my, some excellent modular psy from last year’s Superbooth byJulia Bondar

4 Likes
1 Like

I’ve listened to this a dozen times, as I would have done with a new KJ single back in the day, and it really is an excellent track. Their talent is undiminished. The lyrics are superb. KJ get it.

Thank you for sharing it. I’ve shared it with several other people who have loved it too!

2 Likes

Yeah, I love Killing Joke.

This one is still tops for me, I can’t believe it was a b-side:

3 Likes

I had completely forgotten Zennon. I probably haven’t listened to it for over 30 years. Thanks! Great track.

I saw them in 85. Whilst the first album is the best, this remains my favourite track. I think it is Paul Ferguson’s unbelievable drumming that swings it for me:

2 Likes

Amazing quality footage of the wonderful early line up of Humble Pie, this is real lightning in a bottle stuff

4 Likes

The album “rocking the Filmore” fills up one side with this song. It’s probably their best record. Also has the classic version of the ray charles song “I don’t need no doctor”. At one time or another I’ve had just about every steve marriot record. But the live double is the best.

I think this might be Marriot’s last recording? as well as some nice late period phil lynott.

1 Like

never saw them. Did get this record when it came out in 1980.

1 Like

I was looking for something to listen to while showering and shaving tonight, and I thought “what are the chances I can find ‘The Masked Marauders’ on Spotify?”

By golly, it was there. Here’s one of the singles:

(possibly a little bit NSFW for lyrics)

It took me way back to the early ‘70s, when me and my high school buddy both happened to get a copy for $1 out of the vinyl bargain bin at Zellers’ department store. We didn’t know about the Rolling Stone (magazine) connection at the time. We just thought it was a pretty good bit of satire. As far as we knew, he and I had the only copies in existence. It’s pretty obscure.

3 Likes

just now live:

2 Likes
2 Likes