=== very cool patch challenge, edition 54 ===

My late entry to VCP-54 using the Hampton Harmonics Arp module for VCV Rack. Chord progression using Entropia & Chord Key fed into the arpeggiator for an Energy melody & bass. Randomly triggered drum samples for the beat. Host-FX module using Valhalla Delay on the arpeggio and NI Transient Master on the drums.

HHA1.vcv (157.8 KB)

4 Likes

Hi, Here’s my little one, Cheers. It’s been a while. My computer is getting tired… The gate length controll is my favorite feature of this module…

ARP.vcv (47.8 KB)

6 Likes

Tell me about it. My computer has developed a squeaking sound. I became so convinced that the hard disk was about to fail that I became physically ill.

@down_of_hares Such a beautiful chord progression. This detuning on the sustained voice is delightful.

@dag2099 Gorgeous! I especially like the arpeggiated voice.

@muwkuu
Nice and sweet. Very minimalist with the Arp, though.

@ingo Strangely out of tune between the voices! What was your intension?

@logorrhoia Nice! Very subtle use of the arpeggiator, here.

@Marc_Brafman OH… Mon… Dieu! Super boulot. Ces deux solistes sont fantastiques ! Très chouette. Bravo !

@the1andonlydrno Wow ! Nothing to say. Your patching is allways very impressive! Huge job!

@rsmus7 Hahaha! This tuba is so funny! Transe that makes me lough. Not sure about the snare though!

@anoptic Very cool patch! I love what you dit for the background. The melody voice and the bass line sounds maybe a bit cheap beside… But, in my opinion its a pleasant contrast. The piece is really well structured by the way. Bravo

@AdiQ Dear Adi, you’re definitely one of the most gifted patcher in this community for me… I’ve nothing else to say. It’s… Just… Brilliant…

6 Likes

Haha, the oscillators I wrote and used are not ‘stable’, they morph from random (bezier)waveform to random waveform. Add to that that I’m utterly a-musical :slight_smile: but having fun.

I think these oscillators may be more useful as LFO’s, maybe I’ll do a rewrite.

Thanks for the comment,

Ingo

Merci beaucoup , Denis. Très gentil à toi :slightly_smiling_face:

Pour moi, c’est du jazz modulaire, hyper-complexe mais passionnant à écouter. Bravo, @denis.tercier

1 Like

Denis, thanks so much man. I have been in an absolute musical slump lately, like I can barely listen to music, so your comment definitely cheered me up. I love your patch too, its super funky and enjoyable. Its funny, I think you by chance chose the same “outside in” arpeggio pattern as I did. This one is very pleasing to the ear. Great minds and such… take care:)

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Rack crashes on MacOS when opening a certain patch