=== very cool patch challenge, edition 54 ===

you are challenged to make a patch in vcv rack to showcase creative use of modules, so other users may get inspired. you can also win eternal fame!

for this edition, the challenge is to make a patch using the arp module from hampton harmonics

== rules ==

• make a patch in vcv rack using the chosen module and upload your patch to https://patchstorage.com/ and/or in your reply to this thread
  • tag your upload with vcp-54
  • you are encouraged to only use free modules in the patch, but this is not strictly required
  • make a video showcasing your patch and upload it to youtube
  • add a link to your video as a comment to this post (these videos will be collected in a playlist)
  • give feedback on other participants’ patches

deadline: monday end of the day, wherever you are, may june 1st (though late entries will still be added to the playlist)

a new challenge with a different module will be announced every other tuesday.

3 Likes

I go for June 1st if I may :wink:

2 Likes

he means may 1st 2025. edit to say: or maybe he means that we’re all late entrants into the contest of life? You are free from deadlines! Destroy the shackles that bind us!

3 Likes

My entry for the VCP-54 challenge.

A bit of vintage nostalgia for mall rats :slight_smile: I fed one of the arps into a snare drum for both melody and percussion, and then trashed everything. The other arp is for the bass.

Here’s the patch… https://patchstorage.com/interlude-vcp-54/

10 Likes

Love it. That Additator pitch modulation is :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Adie :slight_smile:

I like how you mapped the two Arps. Feel like part of an old eighties video game, entering a room and have some nice background music to the game :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Logorrhoia, I like to do nostalgic sounding patches. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used 2 of these ARP things in my patch this time. One to create the weird shimmery stuff and another to create the bass. Here, try it:

vcp54.vcv (134.1 KB)

It’s got some nice '80s keyboards and slow gated reverb drums with some FM ambience. (Suddenly I sound like an estate agent). I spent a lot of time worrying myself about how to structure the piece (trying to turn stuff off and on with an LFO) and then just used my normal approach (with gate-seq64). Actually, @ablaut could we have a vcp focused on some particular form of structuring? Ideally something that all the clever composers use that I don’t know. I liked being forced to learn merengue last time, even if I did a bad job.

edits for clarity.

6 Likes
5 Likes

slow_02.vcv (65.5 KB)

3 Likes

Some good news reached me while on this challenge and shaped the result. While trying to focus on Hampton Harmonic’s Arp I also tried to work with modules I rarely use. mscHack’s Triad 2 might become a more frequent guest to my pachtes as will oscillators by dbiz.

2 Likes

Talisman

One chord/seq on Keystep, chord in 2 ARP from HamtonHarmonics, FM-OP poly, drums (classic one) Performance on Beatstep Pro : mute on MixMaster and variations Pattern/Octave of ARP via encoders

Bonne Ă©coute :slightly_smiling_face:

the patch : https://patchstorage.com/talisman/

6 Likes

Lovely chord progression.

1 Like

it’s close to unbelieveable, but finally I managed again to contribute in the VCP, here it is, enjoy and stay healthy :metal: :mask:

6 Likes

finally I finished again an entry for the VCP
so here is my little try at the Hampton Harmonics ARP module,
I sequenced the whole thing a bit with my mouse, so please be gentle

the patch is here:

1 Like

Bien, les accords :slightly_smiling_face: with flutter !

1 Like

Beau travail :slightly_smiling_face:

Merci Giovanni. C’est gentil à toi :slightly_smiling_face:

Haven’t done one of these in a minute. Used only two of the arps for a nice minimal ambient track.

vcp54.vcv (66.8 KB)

5 Likes