=== very cool patch challenge, edition 53 ===

hey @Omri_Cohen! we’ve missed your contributions to the challenge! and this one seems to be right up your alley…

1 Like

vcp-53

1 Like

some great sounds so far! good to hear these rhythms. they bring us to different places.

here we go!

vcp-53_ale47p_013_drumstep_reggae.vcv (84.6 KB)

10 Likes

Wow, great live job you did there! And uff, I could really have it easier if I went for beatstep pro for the drums :smiley:

@dag2099 made it sound like in a chill bar somewhere nice while @muwkuu opened the dancefloor.

Could say it again and again - really enjoyable challenge!

3 Likes

very difficult style to play, these original rhythmes and their percussions are definetly no joke!

it was very easy also to deviate from the subject, the easiest mistake was to go for something like dub/dubstep, because of the nature of the electronic music we play here…ok, probably I think so just because that’s the only similar thing I really listened in my life, many years ago, and carribean styles in general always sounded “difficult” to listen for me

but always happy to listen to music created from fusion of styles, in particular in this case, due to the fact that these carribean styles have first positively contaminated other styles themselves!

my comments: :partying_face:

@jerrysv veeery smokey :broccoli:

@logorrhoia veeery smokey too…the rhythm is really nice, but IMHO the mixing sounds very confused :beers: do you use monitors or headphones?

@muwkuu you are on the edge of deviating into the modern side of dub/reggae…very very nice composition…bravo! :clap:

@dag2099 quite jazzy obv, but I really like the “fusion” that came out of it :wink:

2 Likes

I can say I hate sequencers :rofl: it would have been impossible to me to do that simple reggae rhythm only with a step-based-sequencer :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Hi rackers,

my small contribution, with this small, sunny and dancing rack, get a hat and a coktail NOW! :laughing::

6 Likes

Hehe yes - I have a good pair of headphones yet untrained ears. Some day I’ll learn. Mixing is a mysterium to me still but so was everything else when I started here :smiley:

1 Like

As with everything else Omri has a pretty good tutorial on mixing.

1 Like

So cool :slight_smile: I’m not so sure I can make the deadline, but I will try to give it a shot anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

the deadline is just a suggestion. i’m sure people will be happy to hear your take on this.

How about the VCOC (Very Cool Omri Challenge)? Make a patch taking influences from the VCP entries, could be a rythym or a combo of mods or a particular technique from any entry posted - would be awesome as a live stream! :grin:

I will see what I can do :slight_smile:

very nice! :cocktail:

Cool vibes! Love the Rasta flag!

1 Like

picked-up at Rototom Sunsplash 2007 (Italy) on July, Friday 13th :heart:

Hah, da dub man, needs some toastin’ with lots of reverb :smiley:

Well, I tried making some Reggae :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here’s the patch of course Drop One.vcv (122.1 KB)