=== very cool patch challenge, edition 51 ===

Il en va de même pour ta contribution Marc… elle est très chill

1 Like

I thought the deadline was today. I’m just about to post my stuff.

I abandoned my first attempt at this challenge and decided to go with a smaller rack.

vcp-51-arpianarp.vcv (55.4 KB)

vcp-51-swooshping.vcv (57.6 KB)

I mostly enjoy being forced to use modules that I’m not familiar with (one of the reasons that I enter this challenge) and this time I thought the Catronomix LFO and attenuverter would be a good fit. They are useful modules but I couldn’t get the BPM timing to work on the LFO (even when I tried using the Catronomix clock). Also I always want to use poly modules even when I don’t think I’m going to need it, just in case I need to change something. The only other issue I had was with FM-OP. It’s a great unit but it needs a gate rather than a trigger and Patterns (which is really the core of this setup) only sends out triggers.

Edit to add that the two new filters (Bogaudio VCF and Vult Disjoint) are really stars and should get a lot of use.

I’ll be interested to see whether anyone tries my setup.

2 Likes

Un compliment, ça fait toujours plaisir :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here is my entry to VCP-51

My computer gets so glitchy during screen recording that I can’t even listen to VCV so these patches are generative even though I’ve made a few more performance oriented patches with this template.

Both of these examples were done at 96KHz and I was really amazed at how much of a difference that made, but I was also shocked at the size of the samples it created. I remember touring with an early Ensoniq sampler that I needed to load up with floppy disks in-between songs! My how crazy far we have come :slight_smile:

You can download the patch here -

3 Likes

I prefer the second one. Personally :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m also still working on it, so an extension would be nice :slight_smile:

okay let’s keep submissions open until the end of sunday

2 Likes

I’m almost done recording!

1 Like

I’m sorry it took me so long, I had a lot of other projects going on at the same time, so only found time today to finish this one.

I would have wanted to experiment so much more, but in the end I was already way over the deadline.

I went for a good mixing setup with MindMeld’s MixMaster Jr and their EQ, the usual Chronoblob and Plateau, Vult’s Trummor2, three EvenVCO’s by Befaco, three Vult Lateralus filters, three Vult Slap VCAs, a VCV Mixer to mix some modulation, two Bogaudio Sample & Holds, two VCV Quantizers and two Clockeds by Impromptu. Then I had two channels and four HP left, which I could then perfectly fill up with two CFPlay samplers. One Chronoblob is being used for Karplus-Strong kind of effects.

Example videos:

Seedy 69:

Want To Wait:

Isoforest:

Link to patch:

https://patchstorage.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/VCP-51-Fixed-Rack-No-Cables.vcv

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Très beau setup. Les 3 patchs sont réussis :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

i also made a small patch, just one recording tho

get the patch at https://patchstorage.com/chaos-machine-vcp-51/

i wanted to make something challenging for people who are as experimental as me, so this has no oscillator, no sequencer, no quantizer, no midi. load any of your samples into simpliciter, and use the chaos machine to mangle the sound. in the video i used a free sample from the huge gdc game audio bundle.

southpole parasites can be found here: https://github.com/gbrandt1/southpole-vcvrack/issues/36#issuecomment-549085244

4 Likes

Simple, but very cool sounding effect.