=== very cool patch challenge, edition 50 ===

I really enjoyed it

1 Like

Letā€™s rack!

The flute of Instro by RJModules sounds like a guitar feedback.

11 Likes

Wow, I did not ever think that one could get those sounds out of VCV Rack. Fantastic! The video is a bit over the top.

2 Likes

I laughed at the pentagram XD

A very cool track !

2 Likes

Reminds me partially of Rush, nice contribution one

1 Like

Cool one. The last couple of hits on the drums are spot on :metal::+1:

1 Like

sturzkruemel

what a flattering comparison. Now that you say it, it can be.

purf

those are made with the pads of the controller, triggering the reset of the clock

It sounds really much like Tom Sawyer, just the tunes set kinda in reverse. Neil Pert canā€™t be synthesized though.

1 Like

Is it metal if itā€™s not over the top? And wait till you hear my ā€œchunky djentā€*

(*there will be no djent in my patch)

1 Like

I wasnā€™t saying the music was over the top, just the video. I loved the music.

1 Like

TrĆØs original :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Excellent :slightly_smiling_face:

Remarquable ! TrĆØs beau travail :gem::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

ok I tried something I never tried before, I tried some metal :crazy_face:

Iā€™m an old guy who never really did metal or such music, but I remember some stuff from the good old days ;-), so here is my old and new mixture for the rack. I used some plugins that are still in beta testing atm. So Iā€™m sorry, but this time it doesnā€™t make sense to share the patch, because you canā€™t load it. For the main sounds I used U-He Zebra and Fabfilter Saturn-2 via Host.

6 Likes

Brings back memories. First concert I wanted to go to, but my parents wouldnā€™t let me.

Welp, hereā€™s my rendition of rack metal :metal: (it sounded way better in my head, so yeah, letā€™s say an attempt was made)

Appreciated how this challenge led me to delve deeper into the world of FM synthesis. Even gave it a shot for both bass and guitar (got lazy with the drums though, so just went with the Autodafe samples).

8 Likes

That was awesome! :smile:

1 Like

Wow, crazy wall of modules! :smile:

I donā€™t know what anyone will make of the result but Iā€™ve been working on this continuously for the last two weeks. I tried to get a chunky rhythm guitar sound and big drums but Iā€™m still not great at mixing so your mileage may vary.

vcp-50-nonemorerack.vcv (1.3 MB)

Anyway, be sure to crank the volume. I used VCV Recorder for the first time on this one but I think I still have the volume too low.

And Iā€™m glad I got to this name firstā€¦ Edit: I messed up the video title. The track is called ā€œNone More Rackā€.

6 Likes

Really nice dag:) Reminds me a little of the Edgar Winter Group.

1 Like