=== very cool patch challenge, edition 49 ===

Thanks — the app is called LoopField, just something I found as a result of an afternoons googling.

@Marc_Brafman La meilleure démonstration à ce jour.

Oui Denis. I made a mistake in the description, sorry

@Cabotage_KSM : Très belle ambiance sonore. Bravo !

@Jamuud : Very evolving (sons très évolutifs). Nice !

@purf : Excellent, purf

@denis.tercier : Autant impressionnant que puissant et toutjours très bien arrangé. Beau travail, Denis

@chribbe : Très interressant, chribbe. I like the end too !

Bravo à tous :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hello all, here’s my very first contribution to a VCP challenge. I’ve heard some of your awesome patches in the last year or so for the previous challenges but I never got around to trying one out myself until now.

Took a random short sample from Freesound (vinyl pop sound) and fed it to the Ghosts module. All sounds in this patch come from this single source. I use various triggers from Clocked to open up various VCAs to let different parts of the sample through. Also make use of cANARD to record and loop a section of the sample to create a high-pitched drone.

Pales in comparison to the quality stuff i’m seeing in this community… but eh, it’s something! :man_shrugging:

Patch : https://patchstorage.com/vcp-49/

Sample (on Freesound) : https://freesound.org/people/NoiseCollector/sounds/184239/

7 Likes

Hey! Not so bad. I would even tell you that it’s a very nice patch. It’s sounds great to my ears. Bravo. Welcome to the challenge BTW.

2 Likes

having fun with the new EQ :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Really like this. very minimal but has some lovely subtitles. Makes me think of minimal Japanese music of Ryoji Ikeda or Susumu Yokota but also has a Germanic feel of someone like Cluster. Veeeeery nice.

1 Like

Wonderful. Makes me think it should be the introduction to a Tarkovsky film like Stalker.

Love the way you have use the gate sequencer on the adsrs of some Ghosts. I wish I had thought of that. But that is one of the great things about the challenge is that we see how others have used the module and learn from them. Very scary cat though.

1 Like

I think it’s pretty damn cool. Creative and you’ve carved some great sounds out of that cracklepop. If only I could figure out what track I believe I’m reminded of by that ominous harmonica-siren and the thumping knock…

1 Like

Well, I think I’ve just slightly blown the deadline but I left it to the last minute because I had no good ideas. In the end I made my own sample and tried to make something groovey. I get the impression that my attempts at grooviness are not hitting the mark but I am trying.

Here’s the patch (without the sample name): vcp-49bwow2.vcv (1.1 MB)

3 Likes

Thanks, I rather enjoy Roedelius’ body of work so perhaps some of his influence seeped in.

I read the book (Boris and Arkady Strugatsky) and i’ve seen the movie : masterpiece (poétique, romantique, humain,…). Merci David :slightly_smiling_face:

The film is much darker than the book (in its look and how they completely changed the plot) and the soundtrack by Edward Artemiev is absolutely sublime

1 Like

playlist:

thanks all for participating!
i actually tried to make a patch for this myself, but nothing came of it that i thought was worth recording…

4 Likes

Bravo jeanlouroy. Un patch impressionnant :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Belle ambiance :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Eh bien merci Marc! J’me gratte maintenant la tête avec VCP-50 :thinking:

nice!