=== very cool patch challenge, edition 45 ===

Thanks Denis :slight_smile:

This will be fixed in the next update. It is currently “in review” so it will probably be available soon.

I’m glad you enjoy the modules!

Nice sound design. Very rich content. Nice rhythm. I’m really impressed by your work. Some description of the process would have been really welcome, since this patch is a bit too big for my old laptop.

1 Like

Thank you! Now I downloaded the patch and I can’t make it work… strange things.

There is a slow LFO scanning the 4 pdarrays… it’s like the volume envelope for the tracks (pad, drums, etc). I want to do a tutorial only on pdArray, it’s like a swiss knife

These are the scary modules. I think the first row is the KD, the 2nd the SD and the 3rd the HH. Sort of euclidean rythm. I love cookies has 3 sequences that are summed up. Adding the voltage of the sequences is an interesting topic that also deserves a tutorial.

Then I use 2 instances of Surge PatchPlayer. Maybe it’s like a black box with a modular system on its own, a bit against the modular philosophy… but i LOVE presets.

And the rotary speaker emulator also from Surge… great effect

1 Like

There are 2 things i would do to improve PdArray:

• Make it draggable so that the window could be larger
  • allow for several arrays in one window.

These taken together would allow for easier use of PdArray as a compositional tool. edit: sorry everyone, i only just noticed that i misspelled as.

1 Like

playlist at:

6 Likes

@down_of_hares Nice feeling of space, loving the diminished scale too!

@the1andonlydrno Those are some very nice ominous, dark plätzchen you baked there! Really enjoying the grit and the mysterious movement!

@Cabotage_KSM This is some very potent stuff, takes me places! Wavery symphonic breezes, love it!

@gbarygbarnes Very nice waves crashing onto the shore here, all in all a very pleasing big gritty atmosphere, doesn’t sound like it needs any more voices :slight_smile:

@domino Some interesting sounds surprisingly popping up from beneath the surface, might be nice to have some more changes and movement but the repetition also makes for a nice meditative atmosphere.

@dag2099 I love how the swing drifts in the piano part from Day F, very nice cinematic piece :slight_smile: Loving Day A too, right up my alley! :slight_smile:

@denis.tercier Some huge sounds here! Looks like a complex patch too :slight_smile: very nicely done!

6 Likes

I know I’m a bit late for the party, but I’ve been too busy with work and other stuff, to finish my entry in time yet I would like to contribute

the patch is here:

I used the vcv Chords modules in this patch, so it is not totally with free modules :wink:

3 Likes

Sounds to me more like an alto sax, especially with a bit more Blob in there, very much like Andy Sheppard or John Surman would sound.