=== very cool patch challenge, edition 39 ===

here is my first entry for the VCP-39

just relax :wink:

the patch is here: VCP-39_rsmus7_fire.vcv (109.7 KB)

5 Likes

cool ! very creative ! it’s like an 8bit campfire :grinning:

thx Olival,

here is my second entry, a bit more serious this time :wink: here Rampage does almost everything: clock, envelopes, oscillators … I used only a few other modules, the Tact-1’s are to mix the patch

you need to trigger the upmost Rampage slot A to start the patch VCP-39_rsmus7_dark-ramp.vcv (52.8 KB)

3 Likes

@Jamuud your WriFle is interesting, tho I think it could need a bit more of Rampage :wink:
the Flukerzeit is amazing I like the warm and relaxed atmosphere of it, on my PC it doesn’t struggle at all, and I think it is not too bad that it has some glitches, still great :+1:

@Marc_Brafman Replica is Rampage galore at its best, great.

2 Likes

Merci beaucoup, Denis. Très sympathique de ta part :slightly_smiling_face:

Vinyl :slightly_smiling_face:

burning Vinyl :wink:

1 Like

Yes ! Beau travail :slightly_smiling_face:

rsmus7 - dark ramp is fabulous - I have obviously not unlocked Rampage’s potential yet. This reminds me of Cabaret Voltaire or Throbbing Gristle. I love the sequences and the whole atmosphere of the piece. I am going have a deep look at the patch because I think i can learn a lot. Thank you.

Rampage on fire ?!???!?. It works with the film. Is it art? well it is challenging and engaging - so yes, it’s art. Is it music? Jury’s out on that one.

@Jamuud a big thank you for your review, to be mentioned with throbbing gristle :blush:

and

it was just meant as a joke ( :wink: ), is it art? art is in the ear of the … what do I know?

Edit: I replaced the router 4:1 with a sequential switch-trigger solution since the router module is part of a commercial plugin.

Hi folks, This is about exploring different functionalities whitch can be provided by the Befaco’s “Rampage” modules. One of the greatest functions generator in the eurorack world.

In this patch, I tried also to find a good ballance between compositional work, randomness and live performance possibilities.

Some patch notes: 1 Rampage instance as an envelope follower receiving the vca output of Slap (1rst channel) and Slew limiter for pitch informations (2nd) devoted to “Rings” (Resonator from Audible instrument). 2 instances as sound source for percussion voices: Kick: 1st channel as sound source, 2nd as filter. Hihat 1rst channel as sound source (Rise out), 2nd as envelope than mixed with red noise. (So the result oscillate between hihat and snare sound). 1 instance as a complex cv modulatore ( where almost everything is connected to everything) for the bass voices. Note changes for FMop and rings are triggered by the comparator outbut of this one through “sync”. Grid sequencer: 8 presets administrated in 8 faces and “Twelve keys” devoted to percussion".

Here’s the patch: VCP39 Carnage.vcv (120.5 KB)

I must say that it’s been a while since I’ve been quite proud of my patching… and I’m really happy with this one. So,I hope that you’ll enjoy it. Have a nice one! Cheeeers!

1 Like

HI,
I have to say that I’ve been totaly in awe while listening to your piece. It’s a fact that you have a really good knowledge on Rampage and musicaly, it’s sounds great!!
Great great job you’ve done here. I noticed that you used (as I did for mine) the Studer quantum trick… I’ve never seen such a succesful one :wink:
The first one is funny. where did you find the idea?!?
Cheers!

Incroyable de complexité, de couleurs et de rythmiques. (Never disappointed, never boring… ). Un composition à l’originalité rare. Ça fait plaisir, Denis :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Merci Marc. Cela me va droit au cœur. There’s sometime, rarely in my case when something magical happens during a patch. There was such a moment during the building process of this one. Thanks to Rings, such an awesome instrument.

1 Like

Mercy beaucoup Denis, :blush:
it is one part of knowing the module and another part is just trial and error and
I see what I like. But this helps also to get to know the modules.

and the first entry was such a kind, I played with rampage and came up with the crackling sounds,
these reminded me of burning fire, so I just thought I try this. It’s a bit llike becoming a child again and explore the world with new eyes.

And I really like what you did with Rampage in your entry, it is really a composition and superb!
I like thisa lot. I tried to load the patch, but I don’t have the console module, so I couldn’t play it originally, but still it is great.

1 Like

Console ?? I didn’t use it in this patch. The mixer is from Repelzen by wiquid! I’m really glad that you like it BTW! Thanks for the feedback.

Oops, you’re right, it was not Console, but Router4_1 which I don’t have :wink:

DT_VCP

Oh! Yes! I forgot it was a commercial one from vcv. Sorry! It’s part of a three modules plugin called router! I’ll look if I can find something similar in the free plugins.

I just updated the patch. there’s only free modules now. Router is unnecessary since the operation needed can be easily done with a sequential switch and a trigger button.
https://patchstorage.com/carnage/
Cheers.

1 Like

:+1: