== rules ==
• make a patch in vcv rack using the chosen module and upload your patch to https://patchstorage.com/ and/or in your reply to this thread
• tag your upload with vcp-36
• you are encouraged to only use free modules in the patch, but this is not required
• make a video showcasing your patch and upload it to youtube
• add a link to your video as a comment to this post (these videos will be collected in a playlist)
• give feedback on other participants’ patches
deadline: monday end of the day, wherever you are, august 5th
(though late entries will still be added to the playlist)
a new challenge with a different module will be announced every other tuesday.
This week I have two entries. This first one was a bit of an afterthought. I’m not really using the re-burst that much, though it does give things a glitchier effect.
Mostly this one is about feedback, a difficult issue to deal with and something I’ve been thinking about a bit recently:
Sorry guys but for long while I can’t participate in this VCP (technical issue with my hardware) and in the future. Missed that so much but this is life. Wish you a many good ideas. I can still watching yours work. I do not know how long it will take me a month or two but I’ll try to catch up. Cheers Guys.
My contribution to the Very Cool Patch Challenge 36. Once again too late, apparently the VCV recorder does not work. As soon as I want to record a video, it consumes over 90% CPU. Does anyone else have this problem? There was no problem with another program. Once again, I did not just use the default module re-burst, but all repelzen modules. And 9 re-burst modules carry the whole piece.
Mega late… I didn’t have enough time during my Holidays… but here it is!
An attempt to make generative music using burst generators as events controller.
I’ve put here 4 instances of re-burst provided by wiqid for vcv rack and put them in series. Each one is clocked differently. The “end of cycle” output of each instance trigs the burst input of another in a closed circuit. I then have just to “burst” once manually and let all that stuff play. I just play with volumes of the four different voices. Three additive OSC’s for drones and bleak for percussive sounds. REPburn.vcv (70.8 KB)