VCV Rack 2 teaser

If I could use Host-FX I would be super jazzed to start trying Rack2. Without it I guess I’ll just wait for the release.

1 Like

Windows 10 user here. Trying out beta2. Installed the version Andrew put up today. Downloading libraries seems to function and they all show up in the expected folder. But after restarting it only shows a few of those libraries.‘21kHz’,‘8Mode’,‘Atelier’,‘chowdsp’,‘Hampton Harmonics’ and ‘VCV’. And the menu list of updatable modules still is filled with all modules after restarting and updating several times.

Don’t know if this thread is meant as a bug report as well. If I should post there at special bug report place I would like to know. The issue could be something simple like the path delimiter which is different with windows or some other minor bug.

https://vcvrack.com/support

Thank you. I’ve submitted my findings to the form.

Anyone else testing V2 on linux got a working MIDI-MAP? It maps as expected here but once mapped moving the physical control does nothing. This has been consistent for me through all V2 builds, I emailed support weeks ago. Stoermelder MIDI-CAT worked fine but wont currently build against beta2.

Steve Russel posted a Stoermelder fork recently which built against beta 1 and it’s working in beta 2

1 Like

Cloned, built & working, thanks Steve.

Still curious if it’s just me or if other linux users have the same issue with MIDI-MAP.

i had same problem , i removed all the plugin in documents/rack2 (windows 10 ), reinstalled it and ok now , i think because of plugs not ready yet for the update , but only the fundamental

I have exactly the same in beta-1, on macOS 10.12. The MIDI-CC → CV module works fine but MIDI-MAP is broken.

Edit: Just tried and it’s the same in beta-2.

1 Like

Hello

I have the same problem on windows, i submit a bug report a few days ago

1 Like

Good man! Then I don’t need to do it as well :slight_smile:

Blue Cat Audio’s PatchWork is what you need - currently $89 USD (as of 11/2021) - both Logic Pro and MainStage will only support 64-bit AU plugins. PatchWork acts as a host for VST plugins within Logic or MainStage. I’ve used the demo version and it works flawlessly.

Good luck!

I note that v2 premium modules are now appearing in the library. When I start rack with MindMeld ShapeMaster Pro in the patch it pauses to download a license key every time, how will this DRM work on a machine that doesn’t have net access?

For this you have to email support@vcvrack.com in order to get a license key for that machine, which you will need to save in <Rack user dir>/licenses/.

How many license keys do we get? Just another change in the background the users have to accept without warning?

Ahum, this is a beta version. No updated documentation has been published yet. The VCV team is still working on getting the project released. Why are you posting these kind of questions and saying users are not warned?. If you are concerned about it, don’t install the v2 version and stay with v1 until you have seen the final terms and conditions. But, please wait till the release posting these kind of messages.

3 Likes

From this very thread back in September

2 Likes

This does not answer my question?

For me its legit to ask because they got my money?

I don’t know if there is a limit to the amount of machines you can get a license for. I do know the purpose is to prevent commercial plugins being shared, not to prevent you using the plugins you purchased on multiple computers or to try to get you to purchase multiple times in order to do so.