VCV Rack 2 teaser

could easily be misread as knobs

That’s close to my question. Will there be a porting guide. I have a number of no-longer-maintained things that just happen to compile. Also, I have my own utilities to port. Another concern is whether or not Slackware’s more recent GCC (5.5.0) will built it. My local Rack has a few private hacks that I’ll want to port over.

Looks like you just answered the question I just posted. Pardon me while I take my foot out of my mouth. Porting my Rack control via UNIX domain sockets will more than likely be a touch more painful. I had a hack for starting iconified (also iconify from software control) just to lighten system load a bit, but I think you had planned a headless mode that will make this completely unnecessary.

picard_clapping.gif

Looking good! (Sweet trailer too)

1 Like

I don’t forsee that being an issue, at least with the default patch cable colors. Though, if the wires are still changeable in color using Submarine’s WM-101 or just poking the config file I could see that being an issue on grayscale wires.

2 Likes

Great picture! It clearly shows the difference.

UI updates look excellent, looking very much forward to v2!

Wow Christmas’s will be in November this year🥳

4 posts were split to a new topic: mix and submix - about summing in mindmeld mixer

Great news, any alpha info?

2 Likes

Vult knobs are coded rather than SVGs iirc

I can’t WAIT to throw money at you for this!

3 Likes

Yes!!! So pumped!

1 Like

YEEEEE HAAAAA!!!

looks pretty easy. Not surprisingly I’m in the 10%. I hold font references across frames, I think I do unsupported things with param quantities, I have used derivation to turn of randomization. Still, not so bad.

Will a v2 branch appear in the Rack repo when it’s ready for devs to start porting?

This is wonderful news. Congratulations, @Vortico. A long road to an astonishing destination.

1 Like

I also think they are coded because there are no knob-related SVG-files in the res-folder of Vult modules.

Great work @Vortico ! Looking forward to the release party @Omri_Cohen :tada::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think I don’t need them, got plenty from Hora etc, but bought them in a way to thank Andrew for soldiering on.

One feature I would like would be an ‘explode’ option where you can convert the full drum machine into modules with the same settings and connections, probably inserted into a fresh rack rail.

My rationale is sometimes you just want to get started with something quickly to get a beat going, but later realise you need to sidechain the kick or stick an effect on the snare etc.

I don’t know if the VCV code supports modules having the power to insert new cabinets, but if anyone does or can subvert the existing code I guess it would be VCV/Andrew ;).

2 Likes

The Stoermelder Strip module might be interesting for your workflow.

1 Like