VCV Rack 2 teaser

I like the new flashlight pointer :flashlight:

Alright. Maybe I can poke for a feature request :wink: Hopefully I’ll have my developer copy soon too. I’ll start porting my modules whenever I get the time after that.

I’m not sure if this has been already asked. Will (VST) Host modules be upgraded for VCV Rack 2? If yes, will they be released along with the new Rack?

Then we can host VCV in VCV in VCV in VCV in VCV…

1 Like

Watching Omri’s drum shootout, it looks like VCV drums have significantly lower CPU usage, which can add up quickly with a drum patch. I’m likely gonna pick 'em up, as I’m constantly running out of juice!

I’m not sure if this has been already asked. Will (VST) Host modules be upgraded for VCV Rack 2? If yes, will they be released along with the new Rack?

Yes, it Host will be available in Rack 2 from the looks of it:

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Headless Mode in Rack v2

Is linux vst also released or just the win vst and linux will follow? really wanting to use vcv in bitwig or ardour

No version of VCV Rack 2 is released, only pre-release source and builds.

2 Likes

sorry I meant: when the release is going to happen, will there be a win vst or also a linux vst version?

1 Like

Yes to both, but we’ll have all that information on the product page when it releases, so there’s no need to worry about not having certain information at this point.

6 Likes

Samesies, I can’t wait to plug it into Bitwig, infinite fsu possibilities.

1 Like

Bitwig + vcv vst is indeed awesome, and I’ve barely touched all the possibilities

I do wish the vcv vst allowed additional audio devices like standalone does. Right now I can get vcv + modular and vcv + Bitwig

But the dream is all three :slight_smile:

I agree and who knows we may still see that in the final version…

It should still be possible to use all three together though (it is in Live) - you just need to use the DAW as a middleman to route VCV generated stuff externally (and vice versa)

If you want to send Audio/CV out externally from the VST (to Expert Sleepers for example) then you can first route it to a DAW track using the DAW device driver in the Audio Module, and then route it out externally from that track in the DAW.

It would be more convenient and powerful to have access to other drivers from within the VST for sure (both Audio and Midi) - but it is at least possible to do it as it stands now, while being limited to the 16 DAW device channels.

I know everything will be annpunced when it will be officially released, but @Vortico can you already say if a trial version of Studio will be available? I would like to test a specific setup inside my DAW (and with the SuperCollider vstplugin) before buying it.

Unfortunately not possible for me in either ableton or Bitwig - neither support multiple audio drivers in windows and I use the es9 to talk to modular and a focusrite connected to my speakers (and it has instrument/mic level ins) which I need. Even in vcv standalone, I could use es9 with an asio driver , but I had to use wasapi for the focusrite, pretty sure that’s an asio limitation

The more I read about AoIP , I wish we were all using that and forget about this audio driver nonsense

WASAPI with Focusrite? Focusrite ASIO drivers work fine for me with VCV

Focus ASIO drivers work fine for me as well. But if you re-read my post, you can’t have two ASIO devices in use at same time :wink:

Ah yes I can see the problem then your case.

Fingers crossed we see the ability to access other drivers in the final release.

I understand now. You’re right, for those cases I rely on ASIO4ALL, which support shared mode.