VCV Rack 2 teaser

130 Likes

Woah…

Great news ! i already love new UI :slight_smile:

I was only waiting for the plugin, I wasn’t even expecting the GUI improvements and it looks absolutely gorgeous.

2 Likes

I love it :heart_eyes:

Definitely going to shell out for this :metal:

2 Likes

Congrats! :partying_face:

1 Like

Better than Matrix trailer.

10 Likes

Are there details anywhere of the features the studio edition will include?

1 Like

That looks fantastic… Congratulation of finally getting there with all the work involved. And very excited that it’s on the way… Any Beta testing before the final going on sale?

Great!

Is there a roadmap for us module developers so wen can upgrade and test our modules in advance?

1 Like

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

3 Likes

VCV Rack Community Edition will be GPLv3 (free/open-source).

VCV Rack Studio Edition will be $99 ($149 after release sale) and include VST2 plugin support (+more plugin formats later) and professional support.

24 Likes

Congratulations, Andrew! I know this announcement is the culmination of SO MUCH work. The question that is uppermost in my mind at the moment is how much effort will be needed to migrate plugins. And I’m sure you plan to roll out this information shortly. Looking forward to sending you money in November. Have a great weekend!

90% of plugins will only require a version update and a recompile (a 1-line edit, 15 seconds of work).

For the other 10% of plugins using advanced or unstable API features, updating to v2 is easy and involves following a few search-and-replace steps. https://vcvrack.com/manual/Migrate2

7 Likes

The new design is looking really nice. And I love the new look cables.

1 Like

Loving the new look and can’t wait to see it and use it in Dark Mode! :sunglasses::sunglasses:

VCV drum modules. sweet. :partying_face:

8 Likes

thank you !

Finally. Looks beautiful. :+1:

Great work Andrew, and the dev team.