VCV Rack 2 VST Linux Plugin

Hi Everyone,

Does the Pro version have a native Linux VST - as in I don’t need a some sort of wrapper?

Cheers

Yes. There is a native Linux VST.

1 Like

Thanks cschol

Hi there,

I’ve followed the instructions in the INSTALL.txt, but the plugins don’t show up in Bitwig.

I copied Rack2Pro into /opt/VCV, put the plugin-files in ~/.vst and double checked the location in Bitwig. Still no luck!

Did I do anything wrong?

I’m on the latest EndeavourOS using Bitwig 4.1.2 from the AUR.

Did another Re-Index and now it’s working. Sorry for the false alert! :slight_smile:

Sorry, but the problem re-appeared today. This is what I get from the Bitwig log:

/home/user/.vst/VCV Rack 2 FX.so

com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: createAEffectInstance returned NULL
-------------------------------------------------------------------

/home/user/.vst/VCV Rack 2.so

com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: createAEffectInstance returned NULL
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas on how to fix this? I’m still on Endeavour OS using Bitwig 4.1.2

1 Like

You installed zenity ?

Perhaps an irrelevant question, but that requirement was added in Rack 2.0.4

Hey, thanks for your advice! :slight_smile:

“zenity 3.41.0-1” was already installed… I just reinstalled my whole system, and it’s working now.

Thanks again!

1 Like

I got exactly the same problem, with no idea how to solve it, and I am trying not to reinstall :astonished:

any idea what could be done on that?

buy a Mac?

1 Like

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 9.52.41 PM

2 Likes

What’s the problem exactly? It doesn’t show up in bitwig? Which distro?

To clarify: in case anyone was wondering, this was meant not as encouragement, but as good-natured critique…

2 Likes