VCV Rack 2 teaser

You can unlock it with money!

HOORAY! iā€™m stoked for this

I agree with what some others have posted, was looking forward to the VST plugin support, not expecting the gorgeous GUI enhancements, wowzers!!! OK, quick question, you said $99 ($149 after release sale). So what is the time frame in which to snag the $99 sale?

ohgod. I hadnā€™t even considered that as a possibility. I really hope thatā€™s not the case. If it is, I will legitimately pay for it then wait for R2R to crack it before using it

2 Likes

You definitely can use VSTs with Logic Pro

This looks amazing! Thank you so much for all of the hard work youā€™ve put into this!

That looks great. Thank you for the effort you have made. :+1: :+1:

I already know my birthday and official pensioner gift ā€¦ Hooray :sunglasses:

1 Like

I actually doubt @Vortico would consider something like iLOK for copy protection. Also it doesnā€™t really make sense to just copy protect the VST with that method while the standalone app uses something different. If thereā€™s a viable open source option for non intrusive protection then I am confident thatā€™s what will be used. I just hope it doesnā€™t require the machine to be connected to the internet all the time. That would be problematic for live performances and other cases.

1 Like

Only with an adapter. Logic Pro X only natively supports Audio Units.

1 Like

How?

I just canā€™t wait

studio edition for sure

much :heart:

Obviously you never paid for an iLok protected software.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Great news!!

It was probably just a joke with ā€œILockā€ :slight_smile:

I agree that iLok is big doo doo, i only ever had to use it once, but it was so painful to get working, i really regret buying the VST that needed it :sweat_smile: (for a few other reasons too)

1 Like

I know in the past iLok gave a lot of people headaches particularly when it needed a dongleā€¦but I have lots of iLok plugins now and they are completely trouble-free (apart from oneā€¦) and just require a single log in on initial install to authorise the computer and then you can forget about it unless/until you get a new computer.

The one thatā€™s a pain doesnā€™t allow you to authorise the computer and will only work with either a dongle (which I donā€™t have) or a ā€˜cloud sessionā€™ which means you have to be online to use it (looking at you Seventh Heavenā€¦grrrr)

1 Like

No, we use our own in-house DRM for commercial products which is very user friendly and transparent. If youā€™ve purchased a VCV module or certain third-party modules, youā€™ve likely already been using our DRM without even noticing it.

11 Likes

Discussing copyright infringement or piracy is strictly prohibited from this forum. This is your final warning.

5 Likes

Unfortunately i have to use iLok for several purchased plugins that i use.

I say unfortunately, cause reselling the bought licenses is a very expensive pain! That is the one true gripe with iLok.

1 Like

Yeah, baby! Can not wait! :slight_smile: How hard is it gonna hit my CPU? At the moment I am creating small patches because of my old computer, the upgrade is about a year aheadā€¦If it needs more resources Iā€™ll just have to get more creative with patching. :smiley:

Amazing news and a great teaser Andrew - I hear a collective ā€œfinallyā€ :slight_smile: Youā€™ve certainly been busy, thereā€™s all manner of goodies and improvements on display in that teaser, canā€™t wait to use it. I like the GUI upgrades and the upgraded module browser looks great, with ā€˜favoritesā€™ - wohoo :slight_smile: . And fantastic with the module select/copy feature! And really good news that porting from V1 will be easy, Iā€™m a bit nervious about some of my favorite modules not making it (fingers crossed for Blamsoft).

First feature request (sorry): Please consider including a few zoom-levels above 100% in the module browser. This is the killer feature for me in the Stoermelder MB.

3 Likes