VCV Rack 2 teaser

I see “march=nehalem” on compile file :slight_smile: Nice, so at least we have SSE4.2 :heart_eyes:

Are there any updates about the Aria modules?

I don’t have time now, I don’t know if anyone else is working on it.

@shachaf.polakow @contemporaryinsanity Regardless of whether the licenses allow you to do this, I don’t think that’s right. If Aria had her problems and decided not to continue development, I don’t think anyone else should, at least not without contacting her and getting her permission. I don’t know if you’ve visited her site, but this thing that if you stop, people can get on with your work, is one of the reasons she got annoyed and decided to quit.

I was responding to the fact that someone said they got permission from her to migrate it to V2. I am fully aware of her decision and respect it, I would not ask anyone to do so if it is against any developer decisions. I believe @Vega said he got permission from her.

2 Likes

@Dr4am, @contemporaryinsanity got her express permission to do the port:

The standard here is to respect the ethical rights of module creators in addition to the letter of the license. If anyone had taken the port forward without Aria’s permission, I promise that it would not have gone over well.

3 Likes

I didn’t know there was permission :slight_smile: In that case I hope someone will migrate, I ignored those modules enough in v1 simply because there were too many to choose from and now that I would like to use them they are not there

1 Like

I did get permission, but someone else was doing it as I just don’t have time right now

1 Like

Can we track progress somewhere?

Unfortunately, I’ve forgotten who that someone else was, and don’t know where they’re working. However, while I haven’t checked, it appears GitHub - CardinalModules/AriaModules: Aria Salvatrice's Signature Series - Cool and Nice virtual synthesizer modules is V2 compatible

How could that be? The last activity on that github seems to be from long before V2 came out.

It looks like it was updated to be compatible with Cardinal, which afaik should give it compatibility with V2 as a side effect, though the build number may need bumped.

edit: Yes, it does build and work with just a version bump

1 Like

Can you explain how to that I tried to change the version in Jason file, but it does not seem to work

So you got it to work in V2? Wow. Looks like I’ll need to learn how to build, too :slight_smile:

In that version, when building with a version bump, I’m pretty sure there are still things that crash / aren’t working, like the knobs on Darius.

Yeah, Darius’ knobs are definitely broken, same for Psychopump. I didn’t actually notice that, oops. QQQQ, the sequencers, etc. all look fine at a glance though. I might see about fixing Psychopump and Darius if I can find time

3 Likes

Any news on audio unit version?

I use Logic and could really use it. Bought VCV2 Pro when released, but have not been able to use it a lot in a DAW, since I use Logic.

2 Likes

Check the rack development blog post for updates. They posted a 2.1 update, but alas, no AU yet.

1 Like

Yeah I saw that.

Getting a bit tired of waiting. I bought the Pro version, but now I am thinking about using the free Cardinal version of VCV2, which actually offers an AU version.

When using VCV2 VST2 in Logic via a VST wrapper like Blue Cat Patchwork, it just doesn’t work properly. You can’t put any text into the browser, which is a huge issue. And then there are many other small issues. It just doesn’t work well via a wrapper.

2 Likes

I’m in a similar position, having to use workarounds to get VCV2 Pro working in Logic. It’s frustrating. Hoping for an AU release soon, but haven’t heard much from @Vortico around here in a few months so I’m not sure of the status

2 Likes