VCV Rack 2 Free and Pro released

I don’t know what platform you are on but on mac you can solve this (or at least get it to rescan) by moving the plugin to somewhere slightly different - like put it in a folder within your VST directory. Somewhere that still gets scanned but has a different file path.

I do it using a Blackhole virtual cable, creating a HW CV out and sending that to a BlackHole Mono out and then using a HW CV In to send the signal to VCV. But I guess that the VST does not have more than 128 steps, not sure actually? I used to do this with VCV as Standalone, combined with my HW Eurorack.

1 Like

Made a track in Reaper with VCV 2 VST fx and now it crashes Reaper when i try to open the project… The track was finished (except for final mixing, so i dont have any rendering) and i dont want to lose it forever. What can i do?

EDIT: seems to be NYSTHI Confusing Simpler after bug reproduction. Wrote to Antonio.

This is awesome! I had trouble trying to integrate into my setup before. already off and running.

my question: Any way to purchase as a gift for someone?

1 Like

If that happens again, you can open Rack in standalone if it works well and split the project into several parts. The drum patch, the bass patch, the guitar patch, and the violin patch (for example), so that by opening the various patches in Reaper, he doesn’t have to calculate everything together and doesn’t go crazy. If that’s not enough, just upload one patch at a time and render, so the cpu stays light.

My rack offered to update to 2.0.1 this morning through the help menu when I started it up… hoping it might fix the crashes I am getting with Ableton Live. Have to say though, the stand alone is waaaay quicker to start up and load projects and seems more stable that v1 so far.

• Edit - it did! seems to have sorted the crashes I was experiencing using with Live now.

Strange that the update fixes your problem since the changelog says only that it fix network connection timeouts and flushing of log file but that’s great that it does!

In any event, the Update VCV Rack option doesn’t do anything for me; still at 2.0.0 and still see the little red dot.

true. I thought I saw somewhere here a different changelog that said “fixes crash on exit of vst”. Is it possible that the VCV changelog doesn’t reflect changes that are just for the VST? I have no idea, just wondering.

It is not because the patch is heavy or over active. I have retried it with a single confusing simpler module with nothing else and it still does not want to load and crash on boot. I think NYSTHI is on it.

I do not know. Personally I have a bad laptop but some NYSTHI modules I use without problems. If you have a good pc it seems strange to me it is the fault of the modules. But anything can be, Rack 2 has just come out, compatible modules have just come out, in my opinion they still needed time but we rushed the developers because of the enthusiasm and probably now many will find bugs that will be fixed in the next updates.

NYSTHI made three updates in two days… Things will get better soon.

2 Likes

Yeah a few people had the same issue with Simpliciter too. My computer runs big patches of VCV 1 at 96khz hahaha so yeah there is some bugs. Im gonna be patient. Making this all fits and work perfectly with all the different makers is sure a hell of a job.

1 Like

Had one crash with simpliciter. The patch reloaded and ran fine after that. All in all, VCV 1 (and now 2 with the limited amount of time I have used it) have been quite stable and crashes have been rare.

1 Like

congrats!! and simple question (as i did not find answer for that one) - is there vst2 (or planned lv2) for linux in pro version? i am just wondering if it is possible to integrate vcv 2 in ardour ‘natively’ and not just through jack configuration…

regards!

Update is live now, get it from the library.

2 Likes

Excellent, thank you!

Strange why VCV recorder is not included in the standard vcv bundle I’ve never head of it untill now Much appreciated

1 Like

Oh this is just awesome. VCV Rack 2 vst in Studio One fully integrated. Worth the wait. The browser is much better, graphics are great. Multi select is super usefull. I’ve noticed just a few minor niggles but to be expected for a new release and no show stoppers so far. Would have posted sooner but I’m having too much fun making music.

2 Likes

YEEEEAAAH!!

Just got my VCVRack Pro 2.

2 Likes

First time here. Tried VCV before. But version 2 is a true ++. Thanks allot.

2 Likes