VCV Prototype

Other business: is there a slight chance that an expander will ever be release for VCV Prototype? With 8 more outputs, or 8 more switches, or maybe 8 additional sliders, etc. I know it’s not the most efficient solution but anyway…

I’m thinking about adding Rack support to HVCC, so you can prototype in pure data vanilla, transpile the dsp graph to c/c++ and have a generator that wraps to Rack code.

Since I do not have any experience with building Rack modules themselves it could take a bit (and I’m also working on other stuff at the moment), but I think it shouldn’t be too difficult, having looked a bit at some examples.

Is it technically possible to recreate Stoermelder’s 8FACE module in VCV Prototype?

Pretty definitely not, I think. I haven’t used Prototype much but the API is limited to process()-type stuff and 8FACE is using the expander protocol and some other behind-the-scenes access that would be C++ only.

That said, @stoermelder’s code is extremely clean and easy to modify, so if you’re looking to add features to 8FACE, definitely fork it yourself and have at it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This thread was created in 2019 when “threads of threads” were allowed, so I’m going to close this. Create a new thread for each independent question about a plugin or module.