VCV Library

Here is the next confusion! The library module count jumps from 1899 to 1910 the last days, that is whats to see for me. But how to we find the new modules? Using the update button shows always the same. Is there a new developer that is not signed by me or only some new modules?

VCV Core was missing from the index.

You should consider making the a “VCV” search exclusive. Perhaps by enabling the VCV tag when a user searches for “VCV” this search kicks back anything with VCV in their description also. You can filter by the tag anyway but for instance: when a user searches for “Vult” results returned will be Vult and some of Hora plugins.

The search with tag is very handly (la recherche par type de module est très pratique) :slightly_smiling_face:

As usual, it sounds a lot more elegant in French!

2 Likes

Some images are loading stretched, even though it shows as properly proportioned in the message preview here before I post: edit

I don’t know how to fix that. Let me know if you can find a solution.

I think that’s on Discourse’s CSS assuming a more common thumbnail size, removing the width: 100%; property in an inspector fixes it.

I can’t reliably change Discourse’s code because it lives in a Docker container that manages its own git repo.

• I have added fuzzy searching, so for example, searching for “VCV” returns results that strongly match the “VCV” keyword first. You can also misspell your search query and still get good results: https://library.vcvrack.com/?query=mugable+inwtruments

• I have parallelized as much as I reasonably can, so page loads are now around 1000ms. Resources come in three parallel groups, as you can see from this timeline benchmark: first HTML, then JS/CSS/fonts/images, and finally dynamic data from VCV’s user API and Shopify’s storefront API. 2020-03-19-103827_553x310_scrot

3 Likes

Also out of curiosity, this is how it looks on Twitter. Whole world expecting things to fit neatly into 16:9 boxes, haha.

That is a great improvement! :star_struck:

Wondering if this only happens for slimmer modules… Seems so!

Is there a minimum width or something??

It seems to be forcing aspect ratio both positively and negatively. All sizes up through 10 HP get stretched wider, while 12 HP modules actually get squished slightly. Not so much that it’s noticeable on its own, but the squish happens a few moments after the image is first loaded so the change can be seen. I’m not sure of an 11 HP module to test with.

Testing can be more conveniently done in a private message thread addressed to oneself, by the way.

1 Like
2 Likes

Now the Library is to use again, shows the same behavior as before! Thank you!

That’s not possible. Creation timestamps weren’t available in the old VCV Library. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: It only had updated timestamps, which have been available in the new VCV Library since I released it.

Perhaps this information would be more valuable to developers: i.e. when a user clicks into any given plugins or a module dd-mm-yy (sorry mm-dd-yy). Perhaps “NEW” or “RECENT” might be more appropriate!? But yeah this s nice!!

I don’t understand the English in your first sentence.

That’s nice, they’re definitely words, I checked. :laughing: