VCV Library alpha

Yes, I believe it should work now, but of course no plugins have a module manualUrl yet.

Everyone else, before this web app gets the graphic designer’s treatment, what other features or changes do you wish it had?

After I’ve initially searched by tag or brand, it would be cool if we had the ability to refine down further and only see relevant results. So, “show me all oscillators,” then have the brand selections update to reflect only brands with an oscillator module, so I could then check boxes or whatever for only the brands I’m interested in.

as this site links to stores (the plugin shop etc.) as I understand it,
I would like to see that you can sort the modules for paid, reduced price, offers, free ones, etc. too.

1 Like

Added a “disabled” state to tag and brand menu options when filtering would return 0 results.

Added License dropdown menu to filter form.

Not sure if the layout will be thumbnails but if browsing “all” it might be nice to have a return to the top of page button, would be trivial to add if needed.

From a design perspective not having to click into an individual module to see the most relevant info such as Tags, Version, Description and parent plugin (pack) would be nice.

Hey, awesome project!!
ButI understand you want it to keep it secret, but google image is leaking it when searching for a vcv module name in google, it’s around the first restults

That’s okay, it’ll probably be live in 1-2 months. Good to know that it has decent SEO.

2 Likes

Should this work right now? Most of my modules have a manualUrl specified but there is no link for this on the site?

Thanks, should work now.

Looks fine!

I may help out with the website/design if you like @Vortico. If you are interested just comment here or write me a PM.

The new VCV Library is now in public beta!

Thank you everyone for not posting public links while in private alpha. You may now use this website for linking to plugins/modules on the internet. (e.g. “Vult Freak is my favorite filter!”)

6 Likes

Its nice!

Where do you want bug reports?

contact@vcvrack.com

The obvious one is not enough room for tags will email you now! Perhaps a simple bug tracker here in this thread will save duplicate reports?

Super cool ! It looks great :blush:

A post was merged into an existing topic: VCV is now fully migrated to the new VCV Library