VCV 2 pro goes crashed and freezes both in app and vst mode

I was confused that this situation happens everytime when i use vcv rack pro dose anyone has the same issue ?

OS Catalina 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

it was works well before i updated the library so i wanted to know if there’s some of the modulars not fix yet to the VCV ?

thanks all!

Can you provide more information about your system and what you do to reproduce this? Both are largely reliable for most of us I think.

OS Catalina 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

anyone? this is sad…

Please find your log file, Documents/Rack2/log.txt, and post the last few dozen lines here. Start and end it with three backticks (```) to make it look sensible.

1 Like

@Richie : does the VST version also save crash logs like that?

It saves a log, but the crash information doesn’t necessarily appear in it. It’s still useful because it shows how far it got - trying to load a particular plugin, for example.

1 Like

[19.315 info src/settings.cpp:437 save] Saving settings /Users/kuki/Documents/Rack2/settings.json

[19.316 info src/window/Svg.cpp:28 loadFile] Loaded SVG 

/Users/kuki/Documents/Rack2/plugins/MindMeldModular/res/comp/mixer/fade-off.svg

[19.317 info src/window/Svg.cpp:28 loadFile] Loaded SVG 

/Users/kuki/Documents/Rack2/plugins/MindMeldModular/res/comp/mixer/fade-on.svg

[19.318 info src/window/Window.cpp:50 loadFile] Loaded font 

/Users/kuki/Documents/Rack2/plugins/ImpromptuModular/res/fonts/Segment14.ttf

[19.320 info src/window/Window.cpp:50 loadFile] Loaded font /Applications/VCV Rack 2 Pro.app/Contents/Resources/res/fonts/ShareTechMono-Regular.ttf

[21.023 info adapters/standalone.cpp:240 main] Stopped window

[21.023 info adapters/standalone.cpp:251 main] Destroying context

[21.068 info src/patch.cpp:234 saveAutosave] Saving autosave

/Users/kuki/Documents/Rack2/autosave/patch.json

[21.075 info src/rtaudio.cpp:147 closeStream] Stopping RtAudio CoreAudio device 1

[21.100 info src/rtaudio.cpp:156 closeStream] Closing RtAudio CoreAudio device 1

[21.101 info src/rtaudio.cpp:165 closeStream] Closed RtAudio CoreAudio device 1

[21.111 info src/settings.cpp:437 save] Saving settings /Users/kuki/Documents/Rack2/settings.json

[21.112 info adapters/standalone.cpp:259 main] Destroying environment `` [21.147 info adapters/standalone.cpp:271 main] Destroying logger

• Bug reports and feature requests for VCV Rack are allowed in order to discuss with other users, but they are not handled by VCV developers. Contact VCV Support for reporting bugs and requesting features.