VCV 2.0 approximate release date

Hello! I’m just wondering when VCV RACK 2.0 will be released? Any hints? Thanks! I’ve already bought Host just to show some love to developers. Keep up the great work! VCV is amazing!

7 Likes

There’s been no update of release time since other than when it’s ready.

Soon I hope! Having v2 to play with would certainly make this isolation time sweeter.

3 Likes

Follow Rack development blog for the most up-to-date Rack development news.

6 Likes

Is V2 going to be released in 2020?

I would like to invest my time on VCV, also on the development side, but for my purposes I need to integrate its audio I/O with my DAWs (Reaper, Ableton, Bitwig). Neither Voicemeter nor ASIO Link Pro work well for me (Windows 10, Focusrite 2i4), so I will have to wait for the release of the commercial VCV VST plugin.

I read that it will be released with VCV 2.0. Is it confirmed? Is there any roadmap, at least for a first RC?

1 Like

There’s been no new official announcements or details of the expected schedule since this post, but many frequent reminders that 2.0 is actively worked on (such as livestreams showing new features).

2 Likes

It would be nice to see VCV for DAW come out soon, would be a nice holiday surprise for everyone, especially with all thats going on. Fingers crossed

1 Like

The surprise would be VCV for daws coming out before VCV standalone.

2 Likes

In the meantime i read about version 3 in the development post.

Hahaha this is a joke

HL3 announced?

1 Like

Already waiting for VCV3.

Regaqrding the latest Rack Development blog update, just wanted to say this is encouraging news. The update gives us a good idea of where you are up to and its nice to hear things are coming along well with VCV 2.0. Much apreciated.

3 Likes

yeah, honestly i can’t stand to wait any longer lol

2 Likes

So, Rack 2.0 didn’t see the light in 2020. I’ll be in my room crying. :sob: :sob:

What changes are you desperate for exactly?

Mostly performance/stability improvements. As it is now, i’ll never use it for live performances.

I’m really looking forward to support for multiple audio modules (game changer in a hybrid setup) and Rack for DAWs of course which I’m hoping will solve some timing/sync issues between DAW, Rack and Hardware that I have never really been able to solve satisfactorily (I can just about get it working but it’s far more of a pain than it should be and not stable between sessions)

4 Likes

+1

Once rack for daw comes out, I dont think I will be using other synth vst all that much. Bridge works ok for me for now, but I really, really, really cant wait for rack for daw, and hopefully the release of Malekko Heavy Industry modules.

2 Likes