I’ve updated my Vitamin modules to V2: Upgrade for V2 by xaviershay · Pull Request #6 · xaviershay/vitamin-vcv-modules · GitHub
What’s the plan for:
- when I should merge this to main
- make this available to V2 users
- keep the V1 version available for V1 users
- anything else required to coordinate with V2 release
Feedback from upgrade, from someone who hasn’t looked at this code in a looooong time:
- configSwitch labels didn’t appear to be working for toggle switches, but was fixed when I upgraded buttons to not use
momentary = trueand edge detection to maintain state. I copied this original pattern from the Fundamental mute plugin which still uses it. I’m not sure why, is there a reason I should be aware of? (Not an issue for mutes because they don’t use different labels for the toggle states.)
- Lights just appeared to work differently? With no changes my lights were barely visible. I couldn’t end up replicating exactly what I had in V1 (with more work I could have done them again from scratch copying the V2 version of Mute which was my original base…), but with some quick fiddling got them working “well enough”.
- The migration guide mentions not storing image/fonts across frames … I assume loadSVG here is fine because it wouldn’t be an OpenGL context? Only started wondering this when I was debugging lights.
- New labels/tooltips/bypass config all made a lot of sense. Nice improvement.
- Took me about 90 minutes all up, most of that was fixing button labels/behaviour and lights.
V2 looking very schmick!