With standalone Rack using JACK with VCV Audio or SkJack,
- Patches aren’t saved into the DAW project file. You need to remember to launch Rack and open the correct patch with each project file.
- You can’t use multiple instances of Rack to have one patch per channel.
- You can’t export offline.
- The VST version will likely run the engine loop on the same thread as the VST
processReplacing()call. With JACK, it’s not even in the same process. This increases latency and decreases reliability.
- You can’t directly automate parameters with JACK.