Unable to make default plugin from /helper.py.

Hi All, I am just beginning the process of writing my own modules (on mac), but I have hit a roadblock when trying to run make on the empty module, as suggested here in the build tutorial:

" To test your build system, you may run make in the plugin directory. If it succeeds, an “empty” plugin will be built containing no modules. However, this is an good opportunity to check that your build environment is set up correctly."

But when I run make, I get the following error:

Makefile:22: Rack-SDK/plugin.mk: No such file or directory make: *** No rule to make target `Rack-SDK/plugin.mk’. Stop.

I have tried to run make and make install in a few different ways, including: RACK_DIR=/Users/Owen/Documents/Rack/Rack-SDK/MyPlugin make RACK_DIR=/Users/Owen/Documents/Rack/Rack-SDK make RACK_DIR=Rack-SDK/MyPlugin make

Ive attempted to run these in both my rack-sdk and MyPlugin folder (created from /helper.py) with no luck. I have also ran the export RACK_DIR= like so: export RACK_DIR=~/Rack-SDK command to set the path, but I am not sure if this worked.

Any other mac users experience this issue? Also, I am running macOS 10.15 Catalina and using the 1.1.6 version of rack-sdk.

I know this is a newbie post but I just can’t seem to get this right, any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

For anyone else having this issue… I fixed it by installing JQ dependancies

brew install jq
3 Likes