This new Bogaudio analyzer is the best thing ever

As far as we know, the only frequency response analyzer for VCV is this one from Bogaudio. Oh, and we are using it to make a new VCF.

24 Likes

That is awesome. I’d also like to give a shoutout to the graphic design of Bogaudio, which has a clarity and elegance that really enhances the functionality.

10 Likes

Definitely, thanks for making the RANALYZER Matt! :ok_hand: :smiley:

I’m one of the people who like modules that tell you what they do, so I agree that the Bogaudios are all a joy in that respect, and I use them all the time. But I wish those tinny green switches weren’t so small! At my age it takes my three or four tries to toggle them with the mouse.

I agree! I don’t really think about them too much – they don’t draw a lot of attention to themselves – but If I had to add up my patches, I probably use them more than any other module collection.

On the other hand… the Geodesics collection is the exact opposite: confusing and idiosyncratic. They do not tell you what they do, but I love them anyway too. That’s part of their charm!

3 Likes

I am loving this Ranalyzer, and the improvements to Analyzer. Previously when trying to measure the response I had been using a hacky patch, where I was sending a sample of an impulse at regular intervals into my modules then into analyzer with a long smoothing time, as a visual way of confirming my unit tests. Ranalyzer is a great improvement.

1 Like

Here’s the manual for those wondering about how & when to use Ranalyzer: https://github.com/bogaudio/BogaudioModules/blob/master/README.md#-ranalyzer