Surface for VCV Rack 2? Convince me not buying a macbook

“Choice” would perhaps be a more diplomatic word than “fault” (thank you). So, yes, this is a missing feature in a Rack dependency. It’s unfortunate that the Rack issues list is no longer public, otherwise we could go back to the Rack issue requesting touch support and clarify the status. To my recall, it was stated that Rack would get it when GLEW got it, but the issue in GLEW is dead without an advocate to push against GLEW’s lowest-common-denominator stance on touch support.

jep, just don’t expect completely bug and glitch free operation right from the get-go, rosetta2 is nice, but I have glitches when alt-tabbing while rack is heavily loaded on m1 macs and monterey. lots of complaints over at gearspace as well. this is why top of my priorities is m1 native (arm) versions of every software there is, cause currently many apps can wreck an audio stream, even under small loads. something like this never occurred to me on any intel macs, funny enough only on windows and asio, but that was over a decade ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/t91s20/i_told_myself_i_was_going_to_finally_get_through/

1 Like