SubmarineFree WM-101: WireManager

It could make for a nice feature.

I was about to propose this.

I use three groups of four colors (as mentioned in another discussion) and being able to switch among those groups with a keyboard shortcut would make cabling much faster.

Are there any examples of modules with keyboard shortcuts. I’m not sure how to do it.

Global shortcuts are not possible, only if the module is selected keyboard events are raised.

Thanks, that was what I thought.

So would it be possible if a module was under the mouse?

1 Like

Added to github for tracking:

1 Like

My 2 cents:
I always used your plugin to identify (for example) VCO input/output, LFO I/O, clocks and different kind of modules to have a visual track of the data flow so yes, to me it sounds a damn good idea because when the patch start to be huge and messy I can have a “at glance” sight of “what flows where” and I can recall multiple set of cables to manage the flow of data among multiple modules.

Reds (and shades of red) are usually my inputs
Greens (and shades of) are usually my outputs
Blues are for randomizers
Pinks are for LFO
Yellows are for clock
And so on and on…

More than an appetite, I’d call it an hunger.

Just tidied the thread a bit. Everyone is welcome to post here as long as discussions stay relevant to the topic and do not diverge.

V1.0.4 is now released. The WM-101 has some new features.

• Double click on a colour to choose that colour for the next cable you add or move.
  • Color collection presets can be saved and named
  • SkwareUawe’s nifty trick Submarine WM-101: WireManager Nifty Trick! still works, but there is also the option to restore colours on undo.
  • Function keys on hover can quickly select wires (use Shift) or use preset collections (use Ctrl or Cmd)
7 Likes

Neat & Cool! :smiley:

Thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Très pratique (very handy) :slightly_smiling_face:

We should share our collections, rackheadz!! :star_struck: My guess is that \Documents\Rack\SubmarineFree\WM-101.json is the collection file, right?

All of your settings for the wire manager are in there. But the collections are part of that file.

I’ve not implemented any import / export functions.

You can do it by hand! :wink:

If you copy the chunk of code that define the collection, you can easily paste it in the *.json file!

For istance, you can paste this:

{
  "name": "[Rainbow-ish]",
  "colors": [
    "#0000b700",
    "#008bff00",
    "#0986ad00",
    "#00ffff00",
    "#d8ff1800",
    "#ff7f0000",
    "#ff82c900",
    "#b700b500",
    "#80808000",
    "#ffffff00",
    "#100f1200",
    "#00ff0000",
    "#80361000",
    "#ff000000"
  ]
},

inside your \WM-101.json (putting it in the middle of the file or deleting the comma, if it is the last definition) and there you have my collection! :smiley:

Really, if I can do it, everyone can do it!

As a good practice, I use JSON VALIDATOR before saving it.

Talking about color collections in Submarine Wire Manager, here it is my last update! :wink:

{
  "name": "UltaCOlors",
  "colors": [
    "#0000b700",
    "#0052ff00",
    "#00a1ff00",
    "#00ffff00",
    "#d8ff1800",
    "#ff7f0000",
    "#ffaf7200",
    "#ff82c900",
    "#b700b500",
    "#800cff00",
    "#22222200",
    "#80808000",
    "#bbbbbb00",
    "#ffffff00",
    "#00ff0000",
    "#009a0000",
    "#00612500",
    "#80361000",
    "#91000000",
    "#ff000000"
  ]
}

Just append this code in your \Documents\Rack\SubmarineFree\WM-101.json and voilà! You will have this AWESOME (ehm… :thinking: ) color collection!

BTW, it would be a nice idea if, along the blockquote and the preformatted text, we could insert a json codeblock or something like that… Just suggesting… :wink:

You can, by adding a language after the opening triple backquotes:

```javascript

which looks like this:

{
   "this": "is JavaScript"
}

(It looks like “javascript” is a supported language, but “json” isn’t… near enough.)

1 Like

First, thank you for explaining me that!

Next… Well… JavaScript Object Notation… J-son… Son of J… :wink:

Ok. I need some vacations. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

JSON (JavaScript Object Notation)