Strum's Mental VCV Module Suite to v1?

I added that to the make file and changed the SDK name but still the same problem. You don’t seem to have a plugin.json, isn’t that necessary?

hmm i’m sure the i added the .json file to git but it’s not there, bugger sorry

the modules with the display widget are not working anyway, i thought i had fixed them and they were loading in the browser but now they crash rack when you try to make an instance of a module that uses the display widget, i’ve tried a number of different things and looked at similar code in other modules but can’t seem to work it out.

I’m stuck.

1 Like

Ok, I’ve finally got it working as it was (mostly) before the update, bugs quirks and all, and pushed to github.

Missed something obvious and was looking in the wrong place for the problem, as usual.

I think I’ll make a release now and work on incorporating @chrtlnghmstr 's changes and bug fixes in later releases over the next few weeks.

thanks for your patience everyone.

It builds now and haven’t noticed any real problems. There are some gems in this pack!

1 Like

the ideas are good i think but they need work to finish them off and include things that weren’t in the API when i made them, and iron out the bugs.

Thanks though.

They have been widely copied, reskinned and modded and most of those look and work better.
I really didn’t expect they would have been so influential.

I think you are being modest, there are a few things that I haven’t come across with other modules and the simplicity and dark skins really appeal to me.

Are you open to feature requests? As you said, there are areas of some that could be expanded upon but there’s a great base there.

sure, i’d like to get them cleaned up first before adding new features though.

what did you have in mind?

Nothing in particular at the moment but when I play with some of them I wish there were a few more options available. Master Clock clock in would be handy, maybe some right click presets for Chord and Quantiser, some xor on the Logic, option to send first tick on all outputs for the clock divider, channel outputs on the mixer although I can appreciate there’s not a lot of space to play with.

Not sure but at the A/B Switch the Select input does not show any change at the outputs? Possible a bug?

Seems to be working for me

What kind of input do you use?

Do you mean the button does not change when you press it/change it? The button LEDs don’t work for me but the selection stays for as long as the gate is high so any gate should work (or any other cv signal I suppose).

@TroubledMind, I plan to add polyphony and scale presets for the quantiser, the master clock never worked quite as i had intended and I’ve been using impromptu’s clocked module as a replacement, he seems to have solved the clock issue pretty well so fixing mine hasn’t been a high priority.

i built the modules for my own use mostly for rack .04 in a rush and in hindsight perhaps the lazy coding practices i used just to get them going quickly weren’t such a good idea.

the a/b switches had a bit of a bug in the remote switching, at the time i wrote it you couldn’t detect if something was connected to an input as you can now, i plan to rewrite it so that the button is disabled when there is something connected to the input.

XOR output for the logic gates is a good idea, will mean redesigning the panel though, my first thought is to leave it as is so as not to break patches it’s used in ( one guy i know uses it a lot ) and make a new logic module for the dopefed set. I’ll think on it.

I’ve submitted a release issue on the library issue tracker but haven’t heard back from them yet.

I’ll start on the fixes and features today

cheers

1 Like