[Strippin’ Through Time] Day 2: E.P. Phone Home (Polysynth) - free strips from free modules

Day 2: E.P. Phone Home (Polysynth)

Hello everyone! I love to make strips of Rack modules that are useful as modular bits to quickly throw together functional patches. It seems I like to make these strips more than actual full patches, so I’ve decided to clean up and release a new strip from my collection every day until… who knows!

Today’s strip is a poly voice that started out as me trying to make an electric piano-like sound, what I ended up with was more digital than I wanted, so I made it a little more spacy with the LFO effects.

E.P. Phone Home

• Type: Polysynth (piano-like)
  • Polyphony: Polyphonic
  • Audio: Stereo
  • Other features: Velocity sensitive, “leslie speaker” stereo effect

[POLY] E.P. Phone Home (poly,vel,stereo).vcvss (17.8 KB)

Demo video: Redirecting...

Required (free) plugins:

If you use one of my strips in your patch give me a shoutout! Also I’m always looking to make the most CPU efficient strips so if you have ideas for improvements in that area I’d love to hear it.

License: Do whatevertheheck you want, I reserve the right to call you bad names if you maliciously steal credit for my work.

2 Likes

Hello just joined VCV community today, how do you use this vcvss file -a mere novice. Do I put it in the rack root folder on my laptop? Like the idea but just a newbie! Thanks dear chap

you need the “stoermelder” modules and there is a module “Strip” by right clicking it you can load/save the .vcvss files. you need to have enough space on the left of the “Strip” module to load the preset modules

1. download the .vcvss preset from here and save it somewhere on your hdd
  2. download the stoermelder modules from the library after subscribing to them
  3. restart VCV
  4. load the stoermelder Strip module in your patch
  5. load the .vcvss preset in the Strip module

but you need to download the needed modules for the preset too.

Thanks, that works just fine! Now I got to figure out which mixer has enough sockets to get 2 mods and more to hear both. Thanks rsmus7

the best miixer in VCV is mindmeld with the Auxpander and the EQmaster it is perfect imho

2 Likes

Thanks for that, good to know these things!

I’m only pointing this out because ady34 is a newcomer here and might search for the wrong thing: it’s “Mindmeld” not melt.

1 Like

My modules have a reputation for being very CPU efficient. If any of them happen to do what you need doing, of course.

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Strippin’ Through Time] Day 1: Supersawnic (Synth Lead) - free strips from free modules

Hopefully @ady34 got the message - I’m now delisting this conversation since I moved the first post to a single thread with all these nice strips.