Stoermelder's PackOne v1.4.0 - new module INTERMIX

Right, can be all done with the Formula module in my “Frank Buss” plugin:

Available for free in the VCV library.

7 Likes

To be fair there’s a ton of stuff that you can do with Formula but you have to learn it first. Most of the time I’d rather use a dedicated module. And I say that as someone who uses Formula quite a lot.

2 Likes

ahh the formula! yes ! thanks

thanks you @frank ! (thanks for the image, is very explanatory )

yes, can seem a quite complex even to make simply things like this if you don’t have experience, load pre-structured functions is more simply and could be great if we can have that utility in the same plugin

thanks!

2 Likes

If you need it more compact. I think there is also a small 3hp formula module from CF. But I could be wrong though.

2 Likes

There is the cf ALG module, only 1 HP, but much more limited. Then there is another module, can’t remember it, which had a lot of pre-defined more complex formulas, which you could even combine, but still not as flexible as just entering the formula in text form that you need.

Someday I will write a Lua script module, where you can define your own input and outputs, and the size of the module, and then implement even more complex things with a simple and short script.

3 Likes

Finally v1.0.5 of PackOne is available in the Library! I created another crazy module for my collection, called 8FACE. It’s upcoming release was already “leaked” in the last issue of News of The Rack :slight_smile:

8FACE is an universal expander module, that allows you to store, recall and sequence up to eight presets of the module to its left.

The full manual:

Disclaimer: Loading presets of modules was not designed to be controlled by CV or modulated at audio rate. Please do not contact the developers of Rack or any modules when unexpected behaviour occurs or high CPU usage is noticable.

17 Likes

Beautiful stuff!

can you drive a “stoermelder 8FACE” with a “stoermelder 8FACE” at audio rate ? :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Wow this is cool! M A Zing!
Now I don’t want to be greedy but I’m curious: Could this also work with strips and/or morphing between the presets?

1 Like

Love me a good disclaimer.

1 Like

Plus one for morphing between presets. Please.

Wow. Your modules are fast becoming great favorites here. uMap is in all my patches now, I look forward to learning more about the possibilities of your plugin. Keep up the great work !

wow dude, that snapshot memory recall thing is awesome, yes please +1 for morphing (as an option)!!

also if possible,
Port Slot order: FWD/Ping-Pong/RND

I could see this being huge for creating scenes/songs in VCV because it should allow us to turn any single sequencer into an 8-phrase sequencer.

We can single sequencer, come up with up to 8 different sequences using 8Face, combine this with something like Janneker+Jooper to run through the sequences based on clock counts. Can do the same thing for muting mixer channels based on counts. I can see this really help clean up that type of workflow.

Big thanks!

This was my immediate thought also. Would be a nice feature but not impossible to do currently with the rest of the pack and other modules!

I’ll be cheeky here and promote my own modules! It is exactly the scenario I had in mind when creating these, but not on that sort of scale Pack-One only makes it possible.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Wow this is another brilliant yet simple module. I had an idea to implement this sort of thing as an expander for my modules, but this is even better. Great work!

Ben’s modules are the best 1.0+ additions. Period. Thousands thanx, maestro!

• totally agree with comments about the usage of 8Face with different “one-line” sequencers - it converts them instantly into 8x presets containers. E.g. try to use it with dTroy of Bidoo :slight_smile: - BTW it also helps to resolve it’s old problem - how to quickly change patterns without special external tricks.
    P.S. Dear Adam (=computerscare), still eagerly looking forward for your nice collection of modules! Any ideas about ETA?
1 Like

Thank you, the master of FM-OP and ADDR-SEQ has spoken :wink:

I think you can, but you definitvely shouldn’t :joy:

Thank you!

Thank you, Dave!

Thank you, Latif!

I will add them in one of the upcoming versions of the module!

:slightly_smiling_face:

No problem, go ahead!

Though deleted, thank you! Love your Creative Suite!

Thanks!

Thank you, way too much praise here! :+1:

As you may guess I thought about this too the very first moment I got this thing working. The problem is, it won’t work this way because I don’t look “inside” the preset. I just tell the module “give me your current preset” or “load this preset” in an abstract manner. Loading some sort of interpolated presets will not be a good idea to get smooth transitions. I’m not saying it won’t ever happen, but this will take some work. It probably will be a separate module if it will happen (XY-pad for 4 presets anyone? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Besides that, stay tuned, the next addition to PackOne is already on the horizon…

6 Likes

that’s what I call good news :+1: