As some of you know I’ve been developing some utility modules for Rack v1. The plugin “PackOne” is available in the library already (https://vcvrack.com/plugins.html#packone) and I’m going to write some documentation on the next weekend which will be on my GitHub repo then (https://github.com/stoermelder/vcvrack-packone).
- CV-MAP: control 32 knobs/sliders/switches of any module by CV even when the module has no CV input
- CV-PAM: generate CV voltage by observing any know/slider/switch of any module
- ROTOR Model A: spread a carrier signal across 2-16 output channels using CV
Also I’ve been working on a new module called “ReMOVE” which will be available in v1.0.2 of PackOne.
I had so much fun working on this during the last few days and I’m proud to present you the first working version! As Rack v1 API/ABI been stable from today on I link the latest Windows-build for those of you without ability to build it yourself from source. If someone build it for Mac and Linux I’d be happy to add it!
ReMOVE is a knob/slider/switch movement recorder. You can attach it to any know/slider/switch on any module and record your mouse movements, then you can replay it or trigger its playback by e.g. a sequencer.
A brief feature overview:
- direct recording by moving the knob/slider/switch or record CV input (0-10V)
- different recording modes (touch, move or manual)
- adjustable recording precision, store every 8th, 16th, 32nd… 2048th value
- up to 8 different “sequences”, with manual control or selectable by CV (0-10V or C4-G4 or trigger)
- different play modes, currently loop, oneshot and pingpong
- PHASE input (0-10V) for directly controlling the playback rate and position
- additional CV output (0-10V)
- tiny gimmick display
Full documentation: https://github.com/stoermelder/vcvrack-packone/blob/v1/docs/ReMove.md
The module is not finished yet and I still have some ideas I want to add. This module will be called “Lite” and maybe there will be a bigger version sometime in the future…
Feel free to test and let me know what you think!
Updated download link to v1.0.1b (fixed potential crash on record start, added record mode “Trim”)
Updated download link to v1.0.1c (fixed several bugs, revised panel, added many features, module is feature-complete)